Hi

Hi I am so worried about the C word and being told I may have it I want to kill myself 

• Hello Woodsy,

Give the Big C Nurse a call and discus your fears. Many Cancers are actually treatable and curative. Remain positive talk to some proffesionals GPs, and with hope and faith you will be able to manage your fears.

Have a good day Woodsy.

Let me know how your follow up with the Big C Nurse goes ?

• Hello Woodsy, 

I am so sorry you are feeling so down. Try and keep strong though and as GForce1 said even if you had a cancer diagnosis, you will be in capable hands with your medical team and I am sure they will have a treatment plan for you. But at the moment, it sounds like you haven't yet had a definite diagnosis so try and take a day at a time and to keep the focus on other things if you can. Avoid using Google as it is a completely unreliable diagnostic tool and always gives you the worst possible case scenarios which is definitely not something you need at the moment. Waiting is often described here as the hardest thing and once you do have a diagnosis, hopefully you will be in a better place, able to focus on what lies ahead and on the treatment that will be offered to you. Try not to anticipate what it might be if you can - it won't be long now before you get some definite answers. There are some useful tips on this page on how to cope with waiting for news which I hope you will find helpful. 

If you feel things get too much and you want to talk to someone about it do give Samaritans a call. You can find the different ways to get in touch with them on this page and their helpline is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. 

We're all there for you anytime you need to talk. And if you had any questions about cancer, anything that worries you, our nurses are only a free phone call away on 0808 800 4040 - their line is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. 

I hope you feel better soon Woodsy and that you get some clarity on all this. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator