Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Hi

11 Jan 2018 23:02

Hi am after some advice. After having a ct scan then an ultrasound plus internal scan it was found i have a 7inch complex cyst on my ovary got to have bloods done now but am going out of my mind with worry that its cancer am so scared right now how can they tell by bloods and does this mean surgery plz help x

Re: Hi

12 Jan 2018 15:56 in response to Nicall

Hello Nicall and thanks for posting,

I expect this blood test is called a CA125 test. CA125 is a protein that can be raised in a number of non-cancerous conditions and is also produced by many ovarian cancers.

Ovarian cysts are quite common and are often nothing to worry about. To evaluate them, doctors often combine a CA125 measurement along with the ultrasound scan results to calculate the risk of cancer. 

So this blood test will help your doctors to build up a better picture and decide what needs to be done next. Surgery could be a possibility, but  I think you need to hold your horses at the moment and wait to hear what they say.

I know waiting is really horrible but unfortunately, there is no way around it. I think a lot of people in this sort of situation struggle to hold their nerve so try and work out a plan to stay on as even a keel as possible until you know more. People say distraction/staying busy can help. It is a good idea to recognise that you are under quite a bit of stress and try and take things easy, and if there is someone who can take the load, share some of the worry with them.  

I do hope you know more soon, give us a call if you would like a chat. We are here Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and the number to call is 0808 800 4040.

Take care,

Julia

Re: Hi

12 Jan 2018 23:47 in response to CRUK Nurse Julia

Thankyou for reply spoke to hospital today it is a complex cyst about 6/7cm on my ovary had bloods done today also so just waiting to find out results. Am trying to keep busy but its always there at the bk of your mind. Once again thankyou for reply.