her 2 negative but oestrogen responsive breast cancer.

has anyone else had this as any information would be a benefit

• Hi. I got diagnosed last week with stage 1invasive tubular ER+. The ER+ means that your cancer cells are stimulated to grow by oestrogen. What this means is that you may be offered hormone therapy such as tamoxifen which from what I have read, blocks the oestrogen from attaching to the cells. However as everyones cancer type stage and grade is different your surgeon and oncologist should make plan tailored to your specific diagnosis. I hope that helps x

• Hi there ... I'm a grade 3 her2 (negative I think) I'm 8 months post mastectomy and now on tamoxifen .. the op wasn't half as bad as I'd imagined ... quite a few of us breast ladies on here. . Sure some will pop by ... any thing you want to ask, feel free .. wer always here most days ...

Chrissie x

• Your lucky the op wasn’t bad I was also  high grade 3 but I found the whole mastectomy horrendously upsetting and didn’t stop crying from the moment I entered the day care surgery unit till I was let home, because I had Breast implants the surgeon had to remove my muscle first to get my implant out before removing the Breast totall and then replacing the muscle, so I’ve been in agony till about 3 days ago and have only just been able to wear my soft falsie ! The op was 4 weeks ago tomorrow 

maria xx

• had muscle removed from back and early days 2 weeks posts op so still sore. been offered a trial and need to be more convinced on chemo

• Hi Jess... so sorry you had such a rough time ... it sounds a lot more complicated then strait mastectomy... I had very little pain, but was rushed back to surgery at 3 am with internal bleeding ... so had to be 're opened ... but was so relieved I servived that last op I was on a natural high... as my son came in before last op and I remember thinking his face could be the last one I saw ... so mine wasn't strait forward ... esp needing 4 units of blood over the next few days, and infected scar 2 weeks post op which needed two drainings, plus more blips along the way ... but I'm still here and greatfull ..

Your still in the early stages yet ... it's like any major surgery, you need time to heal ... so hope your feeling a tad better now ... take care ... Chrissie x

• sorry you have had it rough. had op 13th march 2018 andd only recently things starting t get feeling back slightly. 

• It just takes time .. you've been through a major op ... and your body will heal, but it can be slow .. I'm 10 months post op now ... and don't think my right arm where node was taken will ever be the same , but just have to adjust ... so many loose their journey with cancer .. and are taken quickly ... so I just look at every day as a bonus .. my second op , the surgeon said it was touch and go, as I'd had so much blood loss ..

I'm 63 and that makes a lot of difference... if I'd been younger with family l don't think I'd have got through ... I'd have been a wreck. . But as it is, l look at life differently now ... l have lots of medical problems, but that's life, we all get delt a bad hand at times ... but sometimes we have to say at least wer here today ... no one knows what tomorrow brings ... 

So listen to your body, it will tell you when to stop ... then baby steps to getting back on track ...