Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Help me please!!

26 Jun 2019 16:42

i am so worried I have a swelling between my collarbone and my neck been to the gp 29th May she said don’t think it’s anything to worry about but will send you for a ultrasound my appointment isn’t till 2nd July and since the 29th I have been going out my mind with worrying I have been on scales and I have lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks so now it’s made me more worried I have cancer because of the weight loss I really cannot go on like this 

Help me please!!

26 Jun 2019 19:18 in response to Dollypops

Hello there - oh dear you are in a muddle aren't you. No, you're right you can't go on like this or you'll drive yourself mad with the worry of it. I do hope you'll trust what I have to say. I recently had tests for bowel/lung cancer & was absolutely convinced I was going to die so I know how you feel. I had some awful symptoms (inc. lsoing a lot of weight) & my GP put me on the 2 week pathway for tests because she felt there was cause for concern. Your GP hasn't done that has she? She's said she thinks it's nothing to worry about & so she's just being cautious (quite right too). Why would you not believe her? My GP also told me that anxiety can make symtoms worse & mine have got much better since I had my results. So, focusing on your fear will, actually, make you feel ill. Also, the GP said 9 out of 10 patients referred for cancer tests don't have it & you haven't even been referred for them!! :):) I don't wish at all to make light of your worries 'cause they are real but not well founded if you know what I mean.

I know it's hard not to focus on negative stuff but that's what you need to do. Read over again what I've said & I'm sure you'll know it makes sense! Keep yourself busy doing normal everyday things until your tes results are thro'.

Hope all goes well for you. Take care of yourself.

Help me please!!

27 Jun 2019 12:44 in response to Dollypops

Hello, I can only backup what purrfect has said. Your GP is obviously not worried so that's a good sign. If they thought it was anything serious, you would have had an appointment earlier. Your weight loss could be down to worry, are you eating normally? A lump on the neck could be anything.

I know it hard not to worry but I have just spent a week worrying over, what turned out to be just a benign cyst on my ovary. I gained quite a few extra grey hairs because of it. 

Try and relax and look on the positive and whatever you do, do not look at Dr Google.

As my Dr & Purrfect has said, nine times out of ten, its not cancer.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. x