Hello

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I hope you are all ok! 

I lost my mum 2 years ago now to Breast Cancer and only four months later my dad died with heart related problems. I ran a small business with my dad so unforunately had to close the business too after 20 years. In that short space of 6 months my life completely changed. Once everything was sorted I needed to find a job. Until this point Ihave always had a good memory and a good head and strong work ethic, but in the past 12 months my memory and concentration and ability to think straight just isnt the same. It is the last thing I need when I need to find and settle into a new job and pave a new way of life for myself. 

I was so close to both parents but I don't feel greif striken or feel upset at all, my memory seem to have closed its self off. It comes in phases some days better than others and I try to write as much down as I can. I don't want to go to the Dr's as if there is anything on my record it may make it even harder to find a new job. 

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. 

• Welcome to the forum Kitty1980.

I'm so sorry that you lost both parents in such a short space of time and would like to offer my sincerest condolences to you on their passing.

Grief affects people in so many different ways as many of our members here have found out and I'm sure some of them will be along soon to offer their support and advice.

I know you're a bit unsure about going to the doctor but it may be worth popping in to see them to chat about everything that has happened and what you're going through at the moment just to see what they say. They may be able to put you in touch with support groups and tell you more about bereavement councilling so do ask them about this if you feel you'd benefit more from these options at this time.

I hope you're able to find a new job soon Kitty1980. It can be a stressful looking for work but I'm sure something will come through for you when the time is right.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi there ...

There's nothing I can add to the advice from Steph. . But just wanted to say hi ... and you can always come back here when you feel the need ... l hope you find the counselling you need ... it really is good to talk ... l know you need a job, but you need to put you first now ... get that help and the rest will follow .. everyone could do with counselling at some point in our lives ... sending you a big hug .. chrissie x

•  Hello Thank you to you both for your lovely responses and kindness. It is much appreciated. XXXXX