Cancer Research UK on Google+ Cancer Research UK on Facebook Cancer Research UK on Twitter

Let's beat cancer sooner

6 Jul 2017 13:36

Hi, I'm a 55 year old. Diagnosed with penile cancer last year. I was treated with curative intent and my prognosis is very good. Follow up appointments every 3 months for the next 2 years. 6 months for the 3 years after that. Joined the forum because penile cancer is rare and is not something us blokes like to discuss, so I may be able to help sometimes. So far I have been lucky, as my cancer was not very invasive and it had not spread to the lymph nodes or further afield. This meant that I got away with limited surgery and a split skin graft. 

Re: Hello

6 Jul 2017 19:48 in response to Harry2

Hiya, glad to hear all is going to be good with you. I wish you all the best x Joanna

Re: Hello

24 Jul 2017 12:06 in response to Harry2

Hi Harry,

I have a very simular story to yours, i had a split sking graft and partial peenctomy.  It was bloody awful i have to say.   I am all healed now and having 3 monthly check ups.  My consultant has found that my groin seems "fuller" than normal so am having an ultrasound tomorrow. Fingers crossed its nothing, but best to get it checked out.  I am interested in hearing your story....