Hello!

Hey everyone,

I'm 27 and I have been diagnosed with a acinic cell carcinoma in the parotid gland after a long wait for a diagnosis. Had surgery 1 month ago and have been told there is an enlargement of the other parotid gland. Not sure what to expect for the future but i'm trying to stay positive.

Roberta xx

• Hello Roberta xxx I'm lynn, welcome to the gang xxx

• Roberta

welcome to the forum that no one want to join by choice, but now that your are here be assured that you are amongst fellow sufferers who can now help you, guide you and give you tips (that may or may not work as everyone is different)

my first piece of advice to you is to perhaps put up another post seeking advice on  parotid gland cell carcinoma, in this way you can get advice from others who have been through this,

i myself am now 2.5 years post treatment for throat cancer and doing well and there are many of us on here that go through head and neck cancers that now tell our own tales and help others on this forum

i hope you get some more informative advice from this site ... keep on it and keep asking questions ... you will get there

shout if you just want to and ask anything you want

keep us up to date with how it all goes and wishing you all the best

vatch

• Hi Roberta I was diagnosed a few days ago. I had surgery after having two clear biopsy results but then the actual tumour was checked and told its acinic cell carcinoma. I too have no idea what to expect and wondered how you are doing ?