Frightened

I am writing because I am scared and don’t have any answers.

I was investigated by a colorectal team due to constipation and some rectal bleeding. after an incidental finding on A CT scan of an abnormal looking part of my cervix, I was referred to gynaecology. There I was told my cervix was fine but I have a 5.5cm cyst with a solid component of 1cm in my left ovary which would need a MRI.

i had the MRI a week and a half ago and heard nothing until I got a letter yesterday (last thing on a Friday) to say I am having surgery in a week! It doesn’t state the type of surgery or recovery time. 

I fee completely in the dark about my MRI results and why I am having surgery / what the surgery is for. 

Has anyone else has to have surgery?

thank you 

• Hi there ..

Oh my , that's like the right hand not knowing what the left one is doing .. that's really bad in my opinion .. I've never known anyone have an operation and not know why .... or what it is .. if you've got a good G P  I'd make an appointment with them to discuss it .. 

Write down All your questions .. and write down what they say ... as it's too easy to forget .. and if you don't understand anything ask them to explain ... but deff get answers ... you need to know .. l would ..

Good luck ... don't give up ... Chrissie... let us know how you go ...  xx

• P S ... you can ask your G P surgery for a copy of your M R I  / tests .. as I get a copy of every result from my surgery... and keep them in a folder at home ... Chrissie x

• Thank you [@Chriss]‍ 

That is a good idea, I will make an appointment with GP on Monday. I did call the hospital and kicked up a bit of a stink about it. The best they could say was that they will try to get the consultant to call me on Monday.

I don’t believe it’s right or fair to leave me not knowing what is going on or what I need to plan for. 

x

• Let us know how you go ...  good luck ... Chrissie x

• Hi [@Chriss]‍ 

I eventually spoke to the consultant yesterday. I have a borderline ovarian tumour so neither good nor awful news. I will be having my ovary removed. I have a few more questions and will see the consultant on Thursday. 

Thanks for your support 

Claire

• Your welcome ..

Like you said neither good or bad news .. but promising news ...  so get whatever is taking up space on your overly... out ... it's an uninvited guest ... so fingers crossed it'll be out before it has the chance to change ...  so glad at least your not in the dark now ..

Use this knolege going forward ... anything your not sure of, ask at the time .. and ask for it to be told in words you can understand ...  keep in touch ... Chrissie xx