Feeling lost

I lost my daughter to bowel cancer in April of this year. I thought I was coping but I'm missing her so much that every time anyone talks to me about her I fill up and struggle to hide my feelings. I don't know what to do. I'm awaiting some counselling but I'm in a queue. I'm haunted by images of her days before she past. If anyone can advise on what to do I would be grateful.

• I am very sorry to read of your loss, you must be absolutely heartbroken xx Two months ago I lost my mum at a young age and have felt completely lost and devastated with what happened. I was with her to the end too and it is very difficult to remember those last days. One thing I have done since my mum's passing is to start a memory book. At first I was so clouded by all the suffering I had seen that I couldn't think straight. Then I started to force myself to think of the good times which I started to write down. Although it can be painful at times to read through, I also feel that is important to her memory that I do this. I know there are a couple of helplines which you can call to discuss how you are feeling which might be able to offer some more professional advice, like the Samaritans. I'm not sure whether keeping busy helps or not as I know with my mum it is on my mind all day every day but sometimes it can help to have something to help the pain feel less severe like a hobby. I wish I could say more to help you find some peace. X
  • Hi there I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband a few months ago l really feel for you.I too see my husband not wanting to go.The only way I have coped if you can call it that is trying to imagine my husband at peace,not suffering anymore. Hold on to your memories and the love between you. I listen to favourite music and light a candle every day.My experience has been hard but I cry and talk to my Jim we have no choice when they go .Hold on to whatever helps .Hugs and warmth to you Have you talked to your doctor mine was so good .people say you are depressed he said it's shock you feel and can take time to recover I do hope things ease for you eventually we never forget how lwonderful it was to have them no one can take that away my lovexxTake care chris