Cancer Research UK on Google+ Cancer Research UK on Facebook Cancer Research UK on Twitter
Donate

Together we will beat cancer

Feeling anxious

22 Nov 2017 22:27

I’ve got my 3rd chemo session on fri and feeling very anxious about this one. Don’t know why..I saw my oncologist yesterday and I’ve been given meds to help with my anxiety. There reducing the dose as my body can’t cope with the full dose. I’ve had 3 hospital admissions because of side effects. Hoping to avoid another admission this time round..

Re: Feeling anxious

23 Nov 2017 01:35 in response to Shirl3

Hi Shirl, 

I am sorry you are having anxiety about your upcoming treatment.  I remember my first day in the chemo ward; I was so frightened. I sat there wondering what I was doing there, it was not where I expected to be at that point in my life. I found comfort talking to others that were there and hearing their stories. I don't know what the set up is where you go but maybe you can find someone to talk to. I've found that talking to someone else who is afraid helps me in some strange way.  I hope you feel better soon!

Laura x

Re: Feeling anxious

23 Nov 2017 04:04 in response to LauraP

Hi Laura.

When I had my first chemo I was on auto pilot. Think I’m more anxious this time round in case I end up in hospital. Fed up after the treatment ending up in hospital. Going to ring my nurse later and speak to her..