Diagnosis after 5 days .CoVid 19 delaying surgery

Hi .

I just wanted to drop a message .

I had a diagnosis of breast cancer yesterday after finding a small lump last week .

I am.only on day 1 of my journey. 

I am in

a state of emotions

I am going back next week to have a marker put in .

I was informed that surgery is not happening due to CoVid 19....I am.so worried about the delay . 

•  

Hi Nat,

Welcome to our forum, although I'm sorry to hear why you've joined us.

It is not at all unusual to be in an emotional state after a diagnosis of cancer, but this is being made infinitely worse at the moment with the Coronavirus pandemic.

Has there been any mention of giving you any hormone therapy, to try to slow down the growth of the cancer until you get your surgery?

If your lump is only small, you have hopefully caught it early enough that this delay won't hamper your recovery. Have you been told what type and grade your breast cancer is?

Do please let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• 1998 had a lumpectomy followed by chemo and radiotherapy tomoxafen for five years  ,then six years later had cancer in the other breast ,had  lumpectomy chemo and  radiotherapy .Now  yesterday was told at the age of 75 I have DCIS in my  left breast , and have to have a mastectomy . I am feeling anxious as surgery has to be delayed for the CoVid 19 which I understand , but  just want this thing gone .