I was diagnosed with grade 1 invasive ductal carcinoma in August 2019. I have had a lumpectomy and the result was that the tumour was tubular and had not spread to the lymph nodes. The consultant told me that having a tubular turmour was the best type you could have - if that makes sense. He also said there were clear margins around the tumour and the cancer had not spread to the sentinol node. After such positive comments from the consultant and meeting with the radio therapy department I decided I would not have radio therapy after finding research that radiotherapy to the left breast can cause problems with the heart and lungs. I have instead started taking Tamoxifen straight away as the tumour was estrogen positive. I have only made this decision based on having a grade 1 slow growing tubular tumour with clear margins and the likelyhood it would not spread. If the tumour had been faster growing or ductual I would have have had radiotherapy. I have been taking the tablet for a week now but I am worried I may have made the wrong decision to not have radiotherapy. Is there anyone who has also made this decision?