Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Come join Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust for Let’s Meet 2019

7 Aug 2019 08:53

Hi everyone

I wanted to let you know about a free event that the charity Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust is holding on Saturday 21 September in London.

Let’s Meet is Jo’s annual event for those who have received a cervical cancer diagnosis and are living with or beyond the disease. It’s a great event providing an opportunity to meet others in a friendly, relaxed, and supportive environment. The event covers all aspects of living with and beyond a diagnosis including your physical, psychological, and emotional wellbeing, and includes workshops run by experts on a number of different topics.

You can bring someone with you, and there is also a specific session for partners of those affected by cervical cancer. It’s a really informal day focused on allowing women to meet others and get answers to their questions. Our key note speaker is Dr Mary Burgess who will be explaining the importance of “Talking” following a cervical cancer diagnosis. There will also be session on mental health after diagnosis, updates from the charity, and you can chose your own timetable of workshops to make sure you get what you need.

You can attend a maximum of three workshops from a varied and informative list that includes:

- Key Note: Why it's good to talk

- Parenting through alternative means

- Sex and Intimacy

- Gong-bath

- Pilates

- Mental health

- Partners Looking after your health

- Partners Let's Talk

This day is free but you do need to register which you can do online here: 

https://www.jostrust.org.uk/support/letsmeet. This form allows you to book your place (as well a place for one guest, should you want to bring one) and select your workshop choices.

Attendees of previous Let's Meet events have told us that after joining us for the day, they felt far less isolated after being able to get to know other attendees. They also found it invaluable being able to share their personal experiences of the issues that they face. As always, we will allow plenty of time for you to mingle and talk to other attendees at the event, in a friendly, open environment.

I really hope this event is some interest to you as it truly is an amazing day. If you have any questions do email me at anneka@jostrust.org.uk.

Best wishes

Anneka and the Jo’s Team

18 Sep 2019 22:52 in response to AGrayson

cervical cancer kills so many. Always signs saying get your test. So you finaly pick up the courage to get the test done. 5 weeks later no results, can’t sleep because I’m stressing about results. I keep calling the doctors to be told we can’t do nothing they will come in the post 

19 Sep 2019 09:42 in response to Nik12da

Good Morning Nik12da

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear you are having a worrying time. If you would like to speak to someone directly, our helpline can be really helpful by allowing you to talk things through with someone who understands. All of our trained helpline agents have either personal or professional experience of cervical cancer or cervical abnormalities and they will be really pleased to take your call and give you the support that you are looking for. The number is 0808 802 8000. https://www.jostrust.org.uk/support/helpline

We also have an online forum which can be a great way to connect instantly with others who are going through similar things and will really understand what you are going through. The women on the forum are wonderfully supportive if you wanted to post a message - http://www.jostrust.org.uk/forum

Additionally our Ask The Expert service is available https://www.jostrust.org.uk/get-support/ask-expert . This is where you can submit medical questions that will answered by one of our medical panellist who have the expertise to answer your question. The service is completely confidential.

With my best wishes,

Anneka