Colonoscopy

Noticed that right bottom side of stomach was larger than left side back in middle of March so saw my doctor . Anyway he suspected at the worse it could be cancer and reckoned it was swollen so I had a 2 week referral which meant I would have an abdominal ultrasound followed by a consultation appointment.

Very worrying as you can imagine, anyway due to Coronavirus my consultation was done on the phone rather than by appointment which meant they could not examine me.

Thankfully the ultrasound was clear and my blood and stool tests have also been fine.

Only other thing was during the telephone consultation I was asked about family history of bowel cancer and was told that I would get an appointment for a colonoscopy followed by a CT scan . My grandmother had bowel cancer back in the 90s which she died from but apart from that no other family history.

I also had a colonoscopy just over 3 years ago so would it be possible to have colon or bowel cancer as I believe colonoscopy screeing is normally 5-10 years.

Also not sure about why I am getting a CT scan if my ultrasound was okay.

Still waiting for appointments due to hold up with the coronavirus as hospitals obviously catching up on appointments.

• Hi robbox,

It's good to hear the initial results were clear. I know it may not be especially helpful but the best thing is to wait for the next set of tests and the results following those. It's good that you're getting these as it will mean answers, and I hope it's not too long to wait for those. In the meantime try to keep busy and keep your mind off it as much as possible, as that can often help.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator