Cervical cancer symptoms

Hello everyone,

Just looking for some advice really. I've been about anxious over these pat couple of months because of some symptoms I've been having. 

So in November I had some VERY light spotting. It was literally less than a tea spoon's worth and only happened once. I spoke to GP about this a month after it happened (that was only next available appointment) and she basically said that it could be anything and to just monitor it and see if it happens again. I was worried about it still but that didn't happen again. Months later around enf of March this year I had a bit of bleeding after using a toy (lol) but literally just a few drops so didn't think it was worth mentioning so didn't contact GP. Now yesterday noticed there was some kind of brown/red (not blood I don't think) discharge on my underwear. I google my symptoms which is obviously a stupid thing to do, but hey ho, and all of these are a sign of cervical cancer so I've been really worried about that DESPITE the fact I'm a virgin and I'm only 26. I've had letters to go for a smear test but I've been told by people there's no point as I'm a virgin so don't know if I should bother booking? I've got an appointment to speak with a GP about the vaginal discharge tomorrow, but just wondering if this sounds familiar to anybody else? I'm very embarrassed about all of this tbh but my worry wins out atm. Would be great full for any advice...

• I've been going through the same thing I'm absolutely convinced I have cervical cancer I even get pelvic pain and reddish brown discharge and my periods are all over the place too I have been referred for a ultrasound scan, I googled to which like you say is sooo stupid too do I just hope to god its not and I hope you also don't too hun. X

• Hi nyotauh

it is a good idea to have regular smear tests, even as a virgin, because the HPV virus which causes abnormal cell changes can be passed by any skin to skin genital contact, not just penetrative sex. However almost all cervical cancers are caused by a HPV and it would be highly unlikely you would have cancer. 

I would recommend you stop using google-it will lead you to all sorts of irrelevant conclusions and you cannot diagnose yourself. The discharge could be for a whole host of reasons, but it’s good you are seeing the doctor to have it investigated...you may have an infection which can be easily treated. 

• Hi... I know this is from April but I'm going through the same at the minute and wondered how you got on?