Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Cervical cancer

20 Sep 2019 18:58

Hi. 

Can anyone please help if I had cervic cancer thst may of spread to bone. Would a CRP blood test show it or indicate it 

Thanks 

Cervical cancer

23 Sep 2019 13:18 in response to Littlemiss81

Hello and thanks for posting

From your post I'm assuming that you haven't actually been diagnosed with cervical cancer.

Cervical cancer would be diagnosed following a colposcopy which you would have had if there were any abnormal cells ( which are not cancer) and you were HPV positive. It's only a biopsy that would show if the cells had become cancerous. Alternatively, if you hadn't ever had a smear, you would have had other symptoms which would have been investigated.

It would be very rare for someone to be diagnosed with a secondary bone cancer and not know whether they had cervical cancer. It's unlikely that an advanced cervical cancer would not have been picked up earlier , as visible on a smear or picked up by investigations.

CRP (C reactive protein) is a protein that is produced by the liver when there is infection or inflammation. It isn't used to help a diagnosis and wouldn't show if a cancer had spread to the bones. You may want to read more about this test here 

It sounds like you are worried, so do make an appointment with the GP to go over the tests you are having and why.

If you have any questions about this,or would like a chat about what is happening, please do give us a call.The number to call is Freephone 0808 800 4040 and the lines are open from 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday.

All the best

Wanda

Cervical cancer

2 Oct 2019 16:41 in response to CRUK Nurse Wanda

Thankyou for reply 

I've had blood test ultrasound scan and bloods taken nothing showing still waiting on smear results.

I'm panicking as I've all syptoms linked to cervival cancer its ruining my days at the moment 

I just wanted to hear if any test I've already had could indicate a possibility of cervical cancer