Catch up

Not been on for a while, it's been hard trying to get on with things on my own. I was doing fine cancer wise until a couple of months ago. Had just been told I've another tumour come up in my pelvis area. I was on chemo but it hasn't worked, so I've now been put on lonsurf tablets said they have a 50/50 chance of treating the cancer. Also I'm now waiting to have more radiotherapy. I find the treatment ok, but it's coming home alone and dealing with the side effects on your own. My daughter tries to help, but she's just had her 2nd baby so she now has 2 under 2.  Also finding it very painful as I think the tumour is pressing on a nerve, never had pain like it. Friends always say if you need anything just give us a call, but I feel like such a burden as when I have asked its oh, well em, ok . I feel as though I'm putting them out. Sorry just feeling very low at the minute.

• Hi tonim,

Bless you, you are really having a time of it and I can only imagine how hard it is to deal with everything  when suffering with so much pain as well as ongoing treatments, especially on your own too.  Don't need to apologise on the forum and hopefully others will be along to chat again soon.  I doubt you are a burden to anyone and suspect your friends are wishing they knew how to help best.  This used to happen with my hubby's mates and in the end I just got very blunt as to how they could just sit and chat with him. I would get very angry on his behalf.

I hope the new medication can help with your current symptoms and am sure your daughter will still help her lovely Mum whenever she can manage it.  Congratulations on grandchild no.2 by the way.

Hope it helps a little bit to offload here. Sending hugs.  Jules x

• Hi Tonim,

Sorry to read you are understandably low at the moment. You really are going through the mill at the moment. It must be very diificult trying to deal with all this on your own.

I wouldnt feel like your putting your friends out as I feel certain if they were the one with the cancer, you would be there to help them out. After all thats what good friends are for.

Wishing you all the best, Brian.

• Thanks guys, you lot on here do help me. Ended up phoning 111yesterday and spoke to a doctor who prescribed me some gabapentin and oramorph which has certainly helped with the pain. Fill a bit stiff this morning so going to take it easy again today 

Thanks again x 

• Hi tonim

Pleased that you got some medication to help with the pain relief.  Hope you took your own advice and have had your feet up and relaxed.  Weather where I am has been lovely and even I managed some time in the garden reading after being out earlier.  Take care.  Jules x

• Just hope when I start radiotherapy it will shrink. The only downside of this new chemo is that I'm going away to Cornwall for a few days later this week to celebrate my birthday.just hope I've got the pain under control so that I can drive and get out and about down there as I'm taking the dog and alcohol free drinks. Not that I drink that much now anyway. Although when my husband was alive we did like a couple bottles of wine. I'm waffling so I bid you all goodnight
    Toni 

• Will have my fingers crossed for you that you can really enjoy your Cornish birthday break (have a happy one) and that the pain relief has kicked in. It's a lovely part of the country where hubby and I used to share happy hols.  Like you I rarely drink at home since losing hubby but will have a glass socially now and again when with friends/family.  Always enjoy a good 'waffle' and certainly do my fair share on the forum!!

Take care Toni and enjoy the break. Jules