Cancer Research UK on Google+ Cancer Research UK on Facebook Cancer Research UK on Twitter
Donate

Let's beat cancer sooner

Cancer symptoms

10 Nov 2017 19:59

Would anyone be able to help me with my symptoms, they are very similar to bone cancer and I'm very worried that I could have it. My bones in my leg,arm and head have been painful lately but getting worse,I have been extremely tired,feeling full quickly and much more. 

Re: Cancer symptoms

11 Nov 2017 02:03 in response to Carla2

Hi Carla,

Wecome to this forum, although I'm sorry for the reason that has prompted you to join us.

Have you already been diagnosed with cancer and, if so can I ask what age you are, how long you’ve had it and what type, stage, surgery and treatments you’ve had?

Many cancer treatments cause severe bone pain, so hopefully, this may be the case, rather something like bone cancer.

Have you ever had a bone scan? Your care team can arrange this for you and this will show up for certain any change in your bones.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you whenever you feel like talking.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

11 Nov 2017 08:24 in response to Carla2

Welcome to Cancer Chat, Carla2.

I'm sorry to hear that you are worried about the possibility of having bone cancer and that you are feeling poorly at the moment.

It might be a good idea to make an appointment with your GP to have your symptoms investigated if you haven't done that yet. Even if your symptoms turn out to be nothing sinister your doctor can help you find the cause for why you are feeling the way you are right now.

Also, there is a bit of information on bone cancer here you might want to have a look. Or, if you think chatting with our cancer nurses can help, they'll be happy to talk to you via this telephone number 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday, between 9 a.m - 5 p.m.

I hope you feel better and get some answers soon, Carla2. 

Best wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

11 Nov 2017 14:10 in response to Moderator Renata
No I must make an appointment soon, thank you very much for your help I will definitely use it.

11 Nov 2017 14:15 in response to Jolamine

Hello Jolamine, thank you and no I havent been diagnosed with cancer and im 17. No ive never had a bone scan as the pain has only been getting worse recently, I will definitely keep you updated thank you very much for your reply x

11 Nov 2017 21:50 in response to Carla2

Hi Carla,

If you haven't had a cancer diagnosis and you are only 17, The advice that Renata has given you is sound. You may have something like arthritis, which although unpleasant, is nothing like having cancer. It would certainly be a good idea to see your GP to see exactly what the problem is.

I do hope that it is good news for you band look forward to hearing how you get on.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx