Hi, I found large lump 2 days ago. Saw GP yesterday. Referred to breast clinic to be seen in 2 weeks. Am I best off going private for the initial assessment now rather than waiting?
Welcome to the forum, sorry you find yourself here. With regards to going private, I ts entirely your decision but even though I could afford to go private I decided to stay in the NHS, I wanted continuity of care.
Let us know how you get on x
Hello love, although I know you want to get everything done asap, I feel the NHS route works very well.
Its scary finding a lump, and your knee j e r k reaction is to take action immediately....of course if you have private health care insurance it wouldn't hurt to enquire...but ultimately our NHS ( in my experience) has been outstanding....
let us know how it goes? Xx
I've got appt with consultant this eve. I agree the NHS has been fab so far and have no worries re their care. My only problem is I have to find cover for my work a week in advance wont get letter until next week re appt.
Hi saw consultant he says it's a huuuuge cyst and I'm booked in Monday for radiology to drain it and then if needed mammogram but he said it is unlikely I'll need it. Xx thank you all for your support.