Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Breast Cancer

6 Apr 2018 17:51

My world has been turned upside down. 

Had a routine mammogram which has shown abnormal.

I haven't been given a diagnosis yet but yesterday had a biopsy on the breast and lymph nodes.  The cancer nurse has already said whatever the test result they will be doing something due to the pictures showing something.  I have to second guess and assume the worst.  I have always checked for lumps but am very large breasted. But now they have determined the breast I have since seen a dimple when I raise my hand above my head.  I had never noticed before so it could have been there for ever. 

Reading between the lines this is maybe one of the worst as it is much closer to the nipple. 

Go back until Wednesday for results.  The first week waiting was awful but this is even worse.

I am trying to stay busy and positive but is so hard.

Re: Breast Cancer

6 Apr 2018 18:51 in response to SPRINGY

Hey springy

The waiting for results is horrible. There are a few girls on here waiting for their results. Also a number who like me have been recently diagnosed and about to start treatment or are veterans. 

It is safe to say that a lot of results do come back as benign. That won't stop you worrying. Should the news be bad there is a lot of support on here. I've had amazing support from the ladies here pre and post diagnosis and in preparing me for the start of my treatment next week (surgery scheduled for 13th april).

Wednesday will get here before you know it and keeping yourself occupied is good if it distracts you. If you need to ask questions the forums on here are brilliant. 

Please let us know how you get on with your results x

6 Apr 2018 21:03 in response to Cornishpastie
Hello Thank you very much for answering me. I wish you all the luck in the world for the 13th April I will certainly let you know how I get on. Please let me know how things go with you. xx

6 Apr 2018 21:05 in response to SPRINGY

Will do. Likewise let me know how you get on after your appointment Wednesday x

6 Apr 2018 21:49 in response to SPRINGY

Hi Springy,

A warm welcome to Cancer Chat.

I am so sorry to read about the abnormality that has shown up in your mammogram. Waiting for results is always a scary time and the week you wait for them feels like a lifetime.

I am glad that you are keeping yourself busy in the meantime. I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer, so have a good idea of what you are going through just now.

I hope that your results are better than expected on Wednesday. Can you bring someone with you to your appointment? You will find this quite helpful.

Please let us know how you get on. We are always here for you whenever you want to talk.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

8 Apr 2018 12:57 in response to Jolamine

Hello

Thank you for anwering me.  The wait is quite unbearable.  I am really a very postive person but feel very bleak at the moment.  I am keeping very busy and trying not to dwell too much. 

How awful to have it twice.  

I think once I get the news even if it is bad I can be stronger and deal with it the the not knowing is the worst.

My daughter and partner are coming with me for support. Will let you know how I get on.

xxx   

8 Apr 2018 14:45 in response to SPRINGY

Hi Springy,

Waiting is always a scary time and we all seem to imagine the worst, which is never a good thing.

I am waiting to see a dermatologist for a mole which my lymphoedema nurse advised me to get investigated. I have had a two month wait and won't be seen until near the end of April. It has been a long wait and, like you I am trying to keep myself busy meanwhile.

I am sure that you will be a lot stronger once you know exactly what you are dealing with and start to fight it.

I am glad to hear that your daughter and partner are going with you. It is always helpful to have someone to support you. Have you drawn up a list of questions for the consultant? I do this before every visit, as my questions change for each appointment. I print these out and give my hubby a duplicate copy. As I ask the questions, he writes down the answers, as it is all too easy to forget what is said in a consultation or even to forget to ask important questions. Many of us do this, so your consultant won't be phased by this at all.

I wish you all the very best for Wednesday.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

8 Apr 2018 20:21 in response to SPRINGY

Hiya, tomorrow is the day I go to the breast clinic for my appointment after a doctor found 2 lumps in my breast after I went with a dull ache on and off. The pain is always there now and occasionally in my shoulder and Collar bone. I can’t feel the lumps myself. I’m so so scared about tomorrow and what will happen, what they will say, will my mind be put to rest or will I have to wait longer. It’s literLly driving me crazy! 

Hope everything goes ok with you, and u get the best possible results. Let us know! Your not on ur own xx

8 Apr 2018 20:31 in response to Emmabr

Hi emmabr 

Glad your appointment is finally here.

Be prepared to have a number of tests including the possibility of a biopsy. Unfortunately you will them have another wait of about a week for the results. A breast care nurse should be available to answer any questions you have.

Hold tight, you are on the road to finding out what's going on. Best of luck tomorrow. We will be thinking if you x

8 Apr 2018 22:59 in response to Emmabr

Hi Emma,

I hope that all goes well for you tomorrow. Have you tried soaping yourself and trying to find your lumps that way? It is much easier to find the lumps when you are wet and soapy.

Cornish Pastie is quite right, you will have the tests she has outlined after you have had a physical examination. Tomorrow is a day of questions and tests, but nothing to worry about. It will be a long week after that as you wait for results, so another week of trying to occupy yourself with distractors!

I have everything crossed for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

16 Apr 2018 18:06 in response to Cornishpastie

HI

Well some results are back. Grade 2a Breast Cancer.  They say as far as they can see hasn't spread to the lymph nodes. But to be double sure they want me to have a  MRI scan tomorrow.  Again waiting even though I am lucky they have fitted a scan in really quickly. 

I really want to stay positive but still feel in limbo.  Another weeks wait..  The nurse feels very confident they have caught it in time but they aren' going to be negative really.

Trying to keep head busy but have now badly broken my finger.So I am not very mobile. 

Hope your operation went ok xxxx

16 Apr 2018 18:45 in response to SPRINGY

Ok. Really sorry to hear this. Was so hoping you would be one of those that gets away with it. 

What I have found from my own experience, and from hearing others stories on hear, is that the doctors and nurses will be straight with you. Yes they will want to focus you on the positives, it's to help you cope, but they definately won't give you false hope. 

Have they booked you with a surgeon yet or do they want to review the mri first?

You can do this hun....none of us think we can, but you get through one step at a time. I've only just had my surgery Friday so I still have tests and treatments to go, but each step is a positive step back to being well. 

Please keep us updated. And you might want to join the thread 'the good and the bad. We have a daily catch up with each other there which can be very uplifting. Hugs to you hun x

17 Apr 2018 02:28 in response to SPRINGY

Hi Springy,

It may not seem so just now, but grare 2a is not too bad, especially when there is no lymph node involvment.

I just want to wish you all the best with your MRI tomorrow. I am so sorry to hear about your broken finger and hope that it settles soon.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

17 Apr 2018 02:30 in response to Cornishpastie

Hi Cornishpastie,

Thinking of you and hope that you are doing ok.

Regards,

Jolamine xx

17 Apr 2018 02:32 in response to Jolamine

Hi Emma,

Have you had any results yet or are you still waiting?

Regards,

Jolamine xx