Breast Cancer

Hello my friends, I'm Dawn 59.. I've just joined 10 minutes ago.. I was diagnosed with breast cancer 6 week's ago which came as a shock..

I have had my first lot of Chemo which made me quite poorly.. I'm a positive strong person and going to fight this but sometimes I feel low and tearful today being one of those days..

I am always here for others but it's nice to think that there are others going through the same thing that I can chat to..

Look forward to having a chat.. XXX

•  

Hi Dawn,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. I am glad that you have found us, as you will find this a great site for support and information. I am sorry to hear about your breast cancer diagnosis. The diagnosis in itself can make us cry a lot. Don't worry about this or try to stop it. Shedding some tears is a good way to reduce your stress. You can also feel a whole raft of other emotions which change like the weather.

Chemo can exacerbate these sentiments, making you feel tired and depressed, so what you are feeling is perfectly normal. Your care team have moved fast if you have already had your first lot of chemo. What are your treatment plans and do you know what stage your cancer is at?

I lost my Mum to breast cancer after a 12 year battle. Now, I have had two bouts of primary breast cancer myself, the first diagnosed 7 years ago.and the second a year later. I had a lumpectomy followed by Tamoxifen the first time and a double mastectomy followed by Letrozole the second.

Please keep in touch. There is always someone here whenever you feel like talking.l

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi Dawn, we are in a very similar situation, I also have had my first cycle and next one due on Friday.

I am sure you have had lots of advice but something that was said to me made sense, the low days are important, they make sure you are processing and reflecting which will add to your strength.

good luck on your journey

• Hi Jolamine, Thanks for your post.. I am in stage 2.. I am having 6 lots of chemo, every 3 weeks, then I will have an Op followed by radiotherapy and perhaps some hormone therapy.. I'm unable to work at moment as I am a Carer of 20 years.. they say I could pick up bugs which wouldn't help my immune system... I'm strong most days but something just hits me and I burst out crying... What stage are you in?? XX
  • Hi Fuschia,

Sounds like early days for you to..

How's you feeling after chemo?? I hope everything goes well for you on your journey..

It's making all the difference having people to chat to..

Look after yourself.. XX