Breast cancer

Hi I am a little concerned that my ESR levels the few months before diagnosis was 48.  I have since had lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy with 6 weeks raditation for breast cancer grade 2.  It is now 3 months since finishing radiation and my recent blood test revealed an EST score of 38.  This is still quite high.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I am still suffering with pain, fatigue and mood swings.  I just feel scared that the cells are active.

• Hello Jbains and welcome to our forum

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing all these issues however I'm glad to hear you've finished your treatment .

Have you contacted your consultant or your breast cancer nurse about your concerns recently? If you haven't done that yet perhaps it is a good idea to do so on your next opportunity as they may be able to shed some light on the situation..

Also, if you'd like to ask the opinion of our cancer nurses, they are available on this telephone number, (which is free to call from a UK landline) 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9 a.m - 5 p.m.

Hope that helps and best wishes

Moderator Sarah