Bladder cancer

Hi my dad told he had bladder cancer about 13 years ago he underwent treatment BCG he had grade 4, he has been ok but has  gone for a routine test today to check if everything is ok, and they have noticed the cancer has returned And said it's as big as a 50 pence And it's flat and looks like it's growing towards organ instead of last time towards the bladder. I don't know all the ins and outs of it all but just wondered if any one could help or had been in this situation ? He last had a check up in October 2019 and was due again October 2020 but got called in early for some reason. He has been very low on iron for the last 3 mth but didn't get referred or checked because of that. 

• Welcome to Cancer Chat Amy although I'm sorry your dad's cancer has returned.

Your dad's medical team would be in the best position to answer your questions about this so if you have his permission do be sure to get in touch with them to find out more.

Our cancer nurses are available on 0808 800 4040 if you'd like to talk things through with them as well but hopefully some of our bladder cancer members will be along soon to share their experiences and advice.

Best wishes to you both,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator