angiomyolipoma

Hello I have been having constant groin pain  on ultrasound  came back as suggestive  of angiomyolipoma  follow up scan 12 weeks .I ended up at a and e for strong painkillers  dr there didn't seem tok worried  about my scan results and said it's very small 4mm  I also have a small inguinal  hernia he said it pops back in so shouldn't cause all this pain also my left lymph node is swollen Has anyone experienced  constant pain from thier angiomyolipoma  like this My gp had also sent me for bio which I've had done on my womb as that came back abnormal  I'm worried  to death and in pain How can they tell its benign from an ultrasound scan 

• Hello MC1,

I'm sorry you've been having these pains, but it's encouraging that they believe it's benign. If you have any concerns or questions, the best thing to do is to speak to your doctor, if you haven't already. When you’re worried that you may have cancer, it can be tempting to look for answers online, but this can end up increasing anxiety rather than making you feel better. And the only person that can diagnose you is your doctor.  

I hope this is helpful,

Moderator Anastasia

• The hospital  have booked me in for a dscan on my groin so I'm going to mention the kidney when I go for my scan to see if they think the pain is coming from there .I'm at my drs tomorrow  to see him about the results  of the kidney scan can my Dr refer me to urologist to get this checked  properly  I'm due a follow up.in it in 12 weeks with another scan from the place my gp sent me .which is end of april   I am worried and frightened  how can they tell it'd benign if they haven't biopsies it  and yes reading up is making me worse so I'm back at drs constantly  I also have a swollen lymph node on my left side which has also scared me my mind is in overdrive