Anal Cancer

I’ve been dealing with bad stomach pains and bowel movements for around a year now (previously only being small stomach cramps). It’s another 2 weeks until my blood test (testing for IBS and other related things) but I’ve been doing a lot of looking into what the pains could be. (They’re getting to a point where it’s unbareable and makes my life a misery). Then I noticed a lump around the rectum and got worried. Sometimes I pass blood and have bad movements, and the abdominal pains are coming in steady waves constantly. They match quite a few of the symptoms of anal cancer and now I’m not sure what it is.

i really want answers soon and I’m praying it’s not going to be any form of something serious. If anyone has any advice to give me it would be really helpful as now I’m very anxious about the whole ordeal 

• Hello LeonDevon and welcome to our forum, 

You've taken the right steps in seeing a doctor and hopefully the blood test will be able to reveal more as to what it might be. Poor you it does sound really painful and I hope you get some definite answers soon. 

If you can, try and avoid looking anything up online as this will inevitably only show you the worst possible scenarios and make you worry even more. I think it is important - if you haven't done it already - to show this lump which is around the rectum to your doctor who will be able to tell you what it is. Doctors perform this kind of examination routinely so do not feel shy about it and there are so many different things it could be and so many harmless conditions that could explain these symptoms so try not to fear the worst. Do mention to your doctor that you are sometimes passing blood. Your doctor will be in the best position to advise you and give you the answers you need at the moment. 

Keeping everything crossed for you! 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator