Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Anal cancer

24 Nov 2022 19:49

So I need some advice so I keep getting inchty anus or burning I am really worried its anal cancer or bowerl cancer my doctor seems to think I'm to young to get this Sad I keep going back to doctors but there not really listen to me the inchy is on and off since last year and iv had chance in poo habits gp saying its ibs I have no tummy pain or cramps gp check my bottom can't see any lump she says it looks healthy any advice also I'm 30 years old 

Anal cancer

25 Nov 2022 11:36 in response to Ella1992

Hello Ella and thanks for your post

I'm sorry you are worried about your health and that you don't think that your doctors are taking you seriously. 

An itchy bottom can have a number of different causes and you can read about them on the NHS website at this link .Symptoms will usually ease or settle and will not be caused by anything as serious as cancer especially at your age so try not to worry.

We always encourage people to go back and see their doctor or another doctor in their practice if their symptoms are not improving. The NHS have written some information about what questions to ask your GP which you might find useful here. 

I hope things improve for you soon. Give us a ring if you would like to talk things over. The number to call is Freephone 0808 800 4040 and the lines are open from 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,

Celene

Anal cancer

26 Nov 2022 16:06 in response to CRUK Nurse Celene

Hi thank u for replying I have seen different doctors none of them are listening to me :Hi thank u for replying I have seen different doctors none of them are listening to me they are saying I have ibs