Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Advice

17 Jul 2019 06:45

Hi all, 

I posted some weeks back when I first found out my Mum had ovarian cancer, 8 weeks on and we are still none the wiser, she was sent for a bone denitsy scan which something showered up on her bones then they sent her for a biopsy which we got the results yesterday. But they don’t want to start treatment as they. Find this a strange case and not come across it before, know she has to have another scan next week and again wait for results, I herd that the NHS has a guide kind to work towards with diagnosis and treatment but feel we are being pushed from pillow to post at the moment, does anyone know who I contact to complain about this please? We are all worried sick, my poor mum is in lots of pain and can’t eat soild food at the moment and I think it’s time I started getting answers.

Any help or advice would be great.

thank you 

Advice

18 Jul 2019 10:54 in response to Sara46

Hi - horrible situation for you & your mum. I'm afraid I can't offer any specific advice but you could try asking the nurses here - just look down the list on the left of the page & you'll see them. Have you spoken to your mum's GP? S/he might know what's going on or be able to point you in the right direction. Sorry I can't be more specific. Hope you find something out soon.

All the best.

Advice

18 Jul 2019 11:04 in response to purrfect

Thanks for your reply, I found out a little info yesterday and they have rushed her PET scan though for next Tuesday.

xx

Advice

19 Jul 2019 14:53 in response to Sara46

That's good - do let us know how things go. x