Cancer Research UK on Google+ Cancer Research UK on Facebook Cancer Research UK on Twitter
Donate

Let's beat cancer sooner

Acute Myeloid Leukemia

4 Dec 2017 06:36

Hi guys,

Bit of a long one! Came into hospital nearly a month ago with bad vision and ended up being told I've got blood cancer.

I've now spiked a temperature which I can't shake ( due to not having a immune system. How can I get this to go down? I'm desperate to go home for a few days as I came in and never even got a chance to sort things out at home and I miss my son terribly !

also can anyone recommend any drinks that's don't taste awful? Can only manage certain flavoured waters currently 

any advice is appreciated ( I'm only 20 and completely lost by this all ) 

Re: Acute Myeloid Leukemia

4 Dec 2017 09:00 in response to MissRobins

Welcome to our forum,  MissRobins, although I'm sorry about the reason that brings you here.

As you asked for advice, I had a look at our website and found some information on relieving the symptoms of fever which I thought might be useful, to read more please click here. We also have some tips for dealing with diet problems.

Hopefully, our members who have been in the same position will come along shortly with more suggestions on what you could drink, as it does help to hear from people with similar experiences.

I can't begin to imagine what an incredibly difficult time this must be for you and your son, it is no wonder you feel lost, so whenever you feel you need a chat please know we are here for you.

Best wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator