Together we will beat cancer

Donate

need advice

7 Feb 2018 21:48

i went to the doctor yesterday because i have been on my period since dec 15th and it has not stopped well he said it most likely is ovarian cancer i did the blood yesterday and tuesday i have the ultrasound how long does it take for the results to come in because he said its most likely that after running a few test yesterday in the docotrs office i dont know what to think help.!

my symtoms are:

sharp pain on my left side like a stabbing pain, loss of weight not very hungry my boobs are so sore. i cant seem to stay warm im freezing half the time and its getting really warm where i live i can sleep hardly night sweats. 

Re: need advice

9 Feb 2018 21:47 in response to shanice775

Welcome to the forum Shanice although I'm sorry to read about the symptoms and for the reason you are posting.

As we are a UK based forum we can't provide any information for how long test results take in America but if you have a chat with your doctor or medical team looking after you they should be able to answer this. I have included some information on our website which you can use to find cancer societies and organisations in America which may be more helpful to you at this time.

Many of our members here do know how tough it is waiting for results and hopefully some of them will be along soon to offer their support and advice on how to cope during this tough and uncertain time.

I hope your ultrasound goes well on Tuesday and that your results bring good news when they come through.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator