9 weeks and still waiting for a biopsy

My husband had a PSA level of 50 and at his first appointment with the consultant on 19th December he was told that he needed an MRI scan, bone scan, hormone treatment and a biopsy after which they will make a diagnosis. He has had all the tests apart from the biopsy, the first biopsy in January was postponed because he was told that as he bleeds easily the chap who was intending to do the biopsy wanted to consult with a urologist. He had another appointment on 1st February but on the morning of the appointment the urologists secretary phoned to say the appointment had been cancelled and she would phone him back, she didn’t. I phoned the secretary last week and she said she couldn’t do anything until she had the file back from the urologist, I asked when that was likley to be and she said she had no idea. I explained the situation and the urgency but basically she said she couldn’t help until the urologist gave her the file and she wasn’t prepared to explain the urgency to him. So it’s now 9 weeks after the first consultation and I’m at my wits end where to go from here. Can anyone advise what I should do to hurry everything up so he can finally get a diagnosis and treatment? 

• Hi there ...

I'd deff make a complaint with hosp admin and call g p ... if she didn't know nothing , I think she should have found out more and called you back ... because no call back , no info being offered .. you need someone to call urology ... get your G P on board too ...

It just may have got mislayed in the system ... let us know how it goes ... Chrissie x

• Hello. 

You need to contact the hospital PALS team. They are the patients patient advice liason and deal with all complaints.

Hope your husband gets seen soon and the results are good news.