Together we will beat cancer

Donate

6 months post LLetz and back to square one!

21 Jul 2019 08:33

Hay guys,  I was diagnosed with Micro Invasive CC in December 2018, LLetz performed in Jan 2019 and given the all clear. Following my LLetz I had a severe uterine infection which warranted an ultrasound to be performed, this showed a large mass on my right ovary,  laprascopic surgery followed in April where severe stage 4 deep infiltrating endometriosis was diagnosed in all my reproductive organs,  bowel,  bladder,  sacral and sciatic nerves, 4 large masses were found and removed, biggest being 24cm!  Thankfully they were benign endometriomas. 8 days ago I had my 6 month follow up Pap smear and have been referred urgently back to Colposcopy for visible leasions and contact bleeding. Yesterday I received my letter of High grade HPV positive,  and high grade (severe) Dyskariosis, just 7 days after my pap (it's never been this quick) ...... Has anyone else had a reacurance so quickly?  I feel I've been battered down so much this year with all the procedures, ops, diagnoses and now this AGAIN! The Endo is proving hard enough to deal with especially as the mass on my scyatic nerve is slowly taking the use of my right leg and they're talking about a bowel and bladder resection...   but to think the CC could have now returned already is breaking me..  has anyone else been in this position?  xx

6 months post LLetz and back to square one!

22 Jul 2019 16:49 in response to Manfe

Hello Manfe and thanks for posting, 

I am not sure if anyone will come along who has been in this position and in fact I am not sure exactly where you are just now, I think you probably won’t know yourself until after the colposcopy. And waiting is always unsettling.

I don't know how significant the bleeding is because some women do bleed when a screening sample is taken, and the lesions could possibly be scar tissue. But because of the high grade cell change and HPV positive results, you do need the colposcopy and there is the possibility that you many need more treatment,  hopefully by way of another LLETZ or something similar.

It must be disappointing, I expect you feel you have been poked and prodded enough already this year and I can well imagine a diagnosis of endometriosis is hard to be dealing with.

I hope you have a better idea of things soon. If you want to talk anything over please do give us a call on 0808 800 4040, we are here from  Mon-Fri , 9-5.

Best wishes,

Julia