Together we will beat cancer

Donate

3 Peaks in Memory of Grandparents and Uncle

5 Jul 2017 16:09

Hi,

On the 19th of August I shall be taking on the National Three Peaks challenge. This entails climbing Ben Nevis, Scaffel Pike and Snowdon (the tallest peaks in their respective countries) within 24 hours. I'll be taking on the challenge in memory of my Grandfather who passed away of bowel cancer, my Granny who I never met after passing away of breast cancer and my uncle who passed away of an adenocarcinoma. Amognst my close family members, my other inspirations are family members and family friends who are currently fighting the disease. The variation of presentations of the disease in our family has made Cancer Research UK a great charity for me to channel my donations to, whilst being able to contribute to all individual cancers.

The close family members I have lost through cancer have passed away when I was young, however the efficiency of Cancer Research UK in turning funds to progress will give longevity of life to sufferers and hopefully a definitive cure. Below I have linked my fundraising page where you can read my inspirations for the challenge and donate. Everything counts, pennies to pounds, it all adds up and is greatly appreciated. You can also donate to my cause by texting 'TPCR97 £amount' to 70070 (eg 'TPCR97 £5' would give a fiver!).

Cheers, Tom https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tom-n-storey 

Re: 3 Peaks in Memory of Grandparents and Uncle

7 Jul 2017 19:35 in response to Tom_

Hello Tom,

I just wanted to pop by and say thank you for your initiative to donate to Cancer Research UK.

Taking the National Three Peaks challenge sounds like a great idea to honour the memory of those loved ones who passed away and to contribute to our cause, which is immensely appreciated!

Wishing you the very best,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator