28 with no Dad...anyone else in the same boat?

I have been an active member on here for over 2 years now as my Dad was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer that had spread to his lungs and liver in April 2015. Unfortunately in April this year the cancer then spread to his brain and he lost his battle on the 23rd August. So two months ago! It was horrendous. Many lose their battles to cancer every day but once it goes to the brain it is horrific for the family to watch. My dad's final moments weren't exactly peaceful although he wasn't in any pain the look on his face hours before he died was the look of death, he had also developed the death rattle which is one of the most terrifying sounds from a dying person. Not only have I lost my Dad at 28 years old but I lost him in a very difficult way that many don't understand. And this has probably effected me a lot more than if he had died peacefully in his sleep. The family had to watch Dad deteoriate to skin and bones, bed ridden, unable to eat or drink, watch tv, do absolutely nothing and became literally a vegetable who couldn't speak or communicate apart from occasionally opening his eyes to blink at us. He underwent brain surgery, suffered from a stroke, had sepsis twice all in the space of a few months. He spent a month in a hospice and was then allowed home to die. 

Just wondering if there's anyone on here who can relate and understand? It is so hard because whilst some people have lost a parent the circumstances were very different. 

• Hi there butterfly ... my brother in law went the same way .. he was always so strong and independent, and although McMillan nurses helped in the last couple of weeks, his daughter and me and his best friend helped with his personal care .. I’m sure if he were able he would have screamed to know what we did for him ... just making a fist was all he could manage ... he was one of the healthiest members of our family .. can’t remember him ever going to a dr before this ...

it took a long time to get those last days from our heads .. but we push those memories away and we chat about those things he did, and how amazing he was, till it makes us smile again ... cancer wants you to cry forever .. cancer wants to knock you down till the pain is overwhelming.. don’t let it take away those good memories.. keep thinking of the days befor he got ill ... we still have a few tears along the way .. but we end on a happy time with him ... hold on there butterfly ... you are braver then you realise.. as long as he lives in your heart, he’ll be with you wherever you go ... big big hug Chrisie xx