2 biopsies taken from my partner at cervical screening

I'm quite worried as my partner was called back for another screening after her smear test . She went back today and they took 2 biopsies and the nurse was seemingly quite vague with her . If course this worried Sarah and has now worried me in the process. Is this normal and should I be concerned at all . We have to wait 3 weeks for the results and it seems like an eternity as I just want to know everything is fine and she is going to be ok

• Hi Stevietoffee

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear that Sarah was called for some further tests following what I presume was a routine cervical screening. It's not uncommon for women to be asked to have further screening or additional tests and it's something that we do get asked about regularly here on the forum. 

We know that it can be a really difficult time waiting for test results and it's natural that you're both feeling concerned at the moment. If you think it might help you to talk things through with one of our team of nurses while you're waiting please do give them a call. It may be that they're able to give you some information and reassurance. You can call them on 0808 800 4040 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm). 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator

• Hi Stevie

The nurses are never going to say very much...that’s not their job, and they won’t know what the biopsies will say. It’s quite normal to take these biopsies, and hopefully there’ll be nothing to worry about. 

Whatever  these results show there will be a plan of action to treat it. If you can, let us know how you get on...there’s lots of support on the site from people going through the same thing, xx