Full Terms and Conditions for the June Cancer Research UK Weekly Lottery Birthday Prize Draw
Promoter: Cancer Research UK of 2 Redman Place, London, E20 1JQ (“we”, “us”)
1. By entering this ‘Weekly Lottery Birthday Prize Draw’ (the “prize draw”) you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (“Terms and Conditions”). Any entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will not be valid.
2. This is a free prize draw which is open to certain participants in our Weekly Lottery. You are eligible to enter into this prize draw if:
- you receive an email from us on your birthday inviting you to enter into the prize draw (we will send these if you gave us a valid email address and your date of birth when you entered into our Weekly Lottery); and
- you participate in our Weekly Lottery on a regular, subscription basis (meaning that you pay for your entries by monthly direct debit, as described in the Terms and Conditions for our Weekly Lottery at www.cruk.org/lottery) and you comply with the Terms and Conditions of our Weekly Lottery.
3. Entries into this prize draw are restricted to one per person per calendar year.
4. This prize draw is open to individuals aged 18 years or over who live in Great Britain. We reserve the right to require proof of identity and age. This prize draw is open to our employees except for those directly involved in running this prize draw and or our Weekly Lottery. The prize draw is not open to employees of any third party company involved in running the prize draw and or our Weekly Lottery.
How to enter
5. To submit your free entry, complete the online entry form at https://cruk-birthday.thecharityraffle.co.uk/play/draw/junedraw
6. The closing date for the receipt of entries by us is 13 June 2022 at 11.59pm. Entries received after this date will not be entered into this draw.
7. The draw will take place on 14 June 2022 (the “draw date”).
8. We accept no responsibility for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures. Late, damaged, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not complying with these Terms and Conditions, will not be valid. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt by us.
9. There are four (4) prizes available. Each prize consists of a £25 John Lewis voucher. One prize is available per winner.
10. The prizes are provided by Cancer Research UK. The provision of the prize does not imply our endorsement of any third party. The retailer is not a sponsor of this prize draw.
11. The prizes are awarded on an “as is” basis and we make no representations nor give any warranties in relation to the prize. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the retailer.
12. The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. In the event of circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to substitute a prize for a similar prize of equal or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize.
13. The prize is used at the winner's own risk.
14. The winners of the prize draw will be the first four (4) valid entries selected at random by a random computer process from all complete and eligible entries. Reserve winners will also be selected in case the original winners cannot be contacted and/or do not provide the necessary information.
15. We reserve the right to reject any entry (and award any prize to an alternative winner) if we have grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions or the Terms and Conditions of our Weekly Lottery, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds and shall have no liability to an entrant for any loss or damage arising from such rejection.
16. Our decision in all matters relating to the prize draw is final and no communications will be entered into.
17. The winners will be notified within seven days of the Draw Date via email using the details provided by the winner upon entry. Winners will receive their prize by post within 28 days of the draw.
18. If a prize cannot be delivered, using the details provided to us, within 90 days of the date of the draw, the prize will be forfeited and we reserve the right to award a prize to a reserve winner selected as set out above.
19. We will use your information for the purposes of administering the prize draw. For more information about how we use personal data see Cancer Research UK’s Privacy statement at www.cancerresearchuk.org/privacy-statement.
20. Each winner's surname and county (or town) will be available for one month after the Draw Date to anyone who sends a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: March Weekly Lottery Birthday Prize Draw, Cancer Research UK, Furness Gate, Peter Green Way, Furness Business Park, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 2PE. If a winner objects to this information being made available, they should inform the Promoter at the earliest opportunity. In such cases, the Promoter will not make their details available to members of the public but the winner acknowledges that the Promoter may still be required to share their details with the Advertising Standards Authority.
21. Subject to clause 22 we shall not be liable for:
- our failure or inability to contact you and/or award any prize due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact or bank details you have provided or your failure to update these if they change; or
- any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using and/or taking up (or failing to use and/or take up) the prize;
- any other failure or delay beyond our reasonable control.
22. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
23. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. If you have any queries or complaints please contact Cancer Research UK, Peter Green Way, Furness Business Park, Barrow-in-Furness LA14 2PE or by calling 0300 123 3019.