The Great Row™ Rules
The Great Row™ Rules
The Great Row™ is a non-competitive, indoor rowing machine challenge taking place between 1st – 31st March 2018 (both dates inclusive) (“Challenge”).
By signing up for the Challenge, you agree to abide by these rules and confirm that you satisfy the age requirements set out below. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters.
If you have any questions, please contact the Great Row™ hotline on 0300 123 1022 and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
The Challenge is organised by Cancer Research UK Trading Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, registered office: Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD, registered company number 4355631), a trading company which Gift Aids its taxable profits to Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103)).
Where reference is made to “CRUK” in these Rules, it means both Cancer Research UK and Cancer Research UK Trading Limited.
- You must be 18 years old or over to sign up for and participate in the Challenge.
- You can participate in the Challenge either individually or as part of a team. Each person participating (including each team member) must sign up for the Challenge and set up an online fundraising page at www.cancerresearchuk.org/TheGreatRow.
Use of personal data
- You understand that any personal data you provide when you sign up for the Challenge may be used by CRUK for the purposes of organising and administering the Challenge and the Better Promotion (described below) . Your personal information may also be used for the purpose of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about CRUK’s work when signing up for the Challenge.
- All personal data held by CRUK will be handled in accordance with data protection legisation and in accordance with CRUK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
- Use of our website is subject to CRUK's website terms and conditions.
- You are encouraged to undertake the Challenge in a gym or rowing club in the United Kingdom. You are responsible for ensuring that your choice of venue is a suitable venue in which to undertake the Challenge and that it has adequate space, access to drinking water, toilets, changing rooms, a warm up area and first aid provision.
- You are advised to report any accidents suffered by you to the venue where you choose to undertake the Challenge.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you are sufficiently fit and healthy and physically able to undertake the Challenge. All participants are encouraged to check in advance with their GP that it is appropriate for them to undertake the Challenge, taking into account any pre-exisiting medical conditions.
- You must ensure you are in a suitable condition to undertake the Challenge and you must not be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. If you feel unwell on the day of the Challenge or have recently been suffering from a virus or have otherwise been unwell, we recommend that you do not undertake the Challenge.
- You are responsible for undertaking appropriate training prior to undertaking the Challenge. Any training plans provided by CRUK are provided as guidance only and CRUK shall not be liable for any injury or loss to you or your property that might occur as a result of you using these training plans (other than in respect of death or personal injury arising as a result of CRUK’s negligence.)
- You are responsible for ensuring that any equipment you use to undertake the Challenge is safe, serviced regularly and in good condition.
- All participants and spectators attend and undertake the Challenge entirely at their own risk. CRUK shall not be liable for any injury or loss to persons or their property that might occur as a result of them undertaking or attending the Challenge, other than in respect of death or personal injury arising as a result of CRUK’s negligence.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Rules shall exclude or limit CRUK’s liability for any liability that cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
Cancellation and Postponements
- CRUK reserves the right to postpone and/or cancel the Challenge in its sole discretion.
- Any monies raised in connection with the Challenge are held on trust for Cancer Research UK, and therefore you have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in conection with the Challenge are paid to Cancer Research UK. We ask that you do this as soon as possible after the Challenge. You can:
- Pay monies raised via the online fundraising page you set up at www.cancerresearchuk.org/TheGreatRow;
- Send cheques made payable to "Cancer Research UK" to: Great Row™ at Cancer Research UK PO Box 1561, Oxford, OX4 9HX.
Better Promotion Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”)
By claiming a free pass through this promotion (the “Promotion”) you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over.
- If you sign up for the Great Row™, we will send you an email with a link enabling you to register with Better*. Once you have registered with Better via the link, Better will send you your ‘free pass’ email (“Free Pass”).
- Your Free Pass will enable you to use the rowing machines at participating Better facilities for free on 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th March 2018.
- Your Free Pass is provided by Greenwich Leisure Limited,* and Better T&C apply.
- You must be 18 years old or over to use your Free Pass.
- You are responsible for organising and paying for all associated arrangements and costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions and all other incidentals. You are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using your Free Pass.
- Your Free Pass is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute your Free Pass for similar rewards of equal or greater value.
- Your Free Pass is given on an “as is” basis and the Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties of any nature in relation to it.
- Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you and shall not accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of you taking up, or failing to take up, your Free Pass.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete email addresses or personal details provided by you. The Promoter shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay your ability to claim or use your Free Pass, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- You will be bound by the Promoter’s decisions, which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend the Promotion and amend these Promotion Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
- If you have any queries please contact our Supporter Services team by email at email@example.com or by phone on 0300 123 1022.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.
*Better is a trading name of Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL). GLL is a charitable social enterprise and registered society under the Co-operative & Community Benefit & Societies Act 2014 registration no. 27793R. Registered office: Middlegate House, The Royal Arsenal, London, SE18 6SX.