Pete's Champions Terms and Conditions
These General Terms apply to your participation as a ‘Pete’s Champion’. We may change these General Terms from time to time, so please check back regularly.
- Pete’s Champions is a Cancer Research UK Peter Andre Fund fundraising event open to UK residents aged 18 or over on 19th January 2016.
- Registration for Pete’s Champions is via www.cruk.org.uk/peteschamps and will end at midnight on 19th June 2016. The Cancer Research UK Peter Andre Fund reserves the right to suspend, close or extend registration at any time for any reason in its absolute discretion.
- Upon completion of registration, participants will be able to download a fundraising pack. This pack will also be available to download from www.cruk.org.uk/peteschamps.
- You must register to be a Pete’s Champion using your own valid email and UK postal addresses.
- Pete’s Champions hold events entirely at their own risk and, so far as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury or loss which might occur as a result of their participation or that of their guests.
- Pete’s Champions must ensure they have the consent of the owner of any premises on which they hold an event.
- Only registered participants are eligible to be a Pete’s Champion.
- Fundraising events must comply with charity and all other applicable law.
- Any monies raised in connection with Pete’s Champions are held on trust for Cancer Research UK and Pete’s Champions have a legal responsibility to ensure that all fundraising monies/donations received are paid to Cancer Research UK. Pete’s Champions must ensure that Cancer Research UK receives all fundraising monies/donations before 19th June 2016. You must either:
- Deposit fundraising monies and donations collected into your JustGiving Page which is established as part of the registration process.
- Alternatively, send a cheque made payable to ‘Cancer Research UK’s Peter Andre Fund’ to the following address: Victoria Floyd, Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John’s Street, London, EC1V 4AD (please label envelope as ‘Private and Confidential’).
- Donors may claim GiftAid when submitting fundraising monies to JustGiving and we encourage you to complete the GiftAid declaration wherever appropriate.
- Funds raised by Pete’s Champions will be used to support Cancer Research UK’s Cancer Awareness Roadshow unit in London. In the event that there is a surplus of funds raised, the surplus will be used to support Cancer Research UK’s early diagnosis research.
- Data will be processed in accordance with Cancer Research UK’s privacy statement. Click here for more information: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/privacy-statement.
- Fundraisers must comply with the ‘Peter Andre Fund Logo Guidelines’ found in the downloadable materials when using the Cancer Research UK Peter Andre Fund logo and imagery. Photos of Peter must not be taken from the internet and fundraisers must use signed off poster templates where possible.
- Media mentions of the Cancer Research UK Peter Andre Fund must be signed off and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org 3 weeks in advance of use.
- If you have any queries or complaints please call 020 3469 5588.
Gift Terms and Conditions
- Champions that submit sums in the manner outlined in paragraph 9 of these Terms and Conditions and send in the information requested on the last page of the fundraising pack to email@example.com before 19th June 2016 will be eligible to receive the following gifts where the applicable threshold has been met. Please note that all fundraising monies/donations must be received by Cancer Research UK before 19th June 2016 to be eligible:
Amount raised & Gift
- £60 (Bronze Champion) - Thank you letter from Peter and a signed photo
- £250 (Silver Champion) - Thank you letter from Peter, and a personal Thank You Tweet from Peter
- £500 (Gold Champion) - Thank you letter and a personalised video message from Pete
- £1,000 (Platinum Champion) - Thank you letter and phone call from Peter
- £2,000 (Diamond Champion) - Thank you letter and a group meet and greet with Peter
- £5,000 (Champion of Champions) - Thank you letter and a private meet and greet with Peter
- For the purposes of determining whether a gift threshold has been met, any Gift Aid will be excluded.
- Gifts will be allocated by July 2016 and will be at the sole discretion of the Cancer Research UK Peter Andre Fund.
- Champions eligible to receive a letter and/or a signed piece of merchandise will be sent their gifts to the postal address provided by the Champion on registration.
- Champions eligible to receive a video message will be sent an email to the address provided by the Champion on registration which will include a link to a URL hosting a video featuring Peter.
- The group meet and greet with Peter will take place at a location chosen solely by the Cancer Research UK Peter Andre Fund and will be within the M25 on a date in 2016 to be selected by the Cancer Research UK Peter Andre Fund. If an eligible Champion is unable to attend the location on the date no alternative date or alternative gift will be offered. Other Champions will be present at the group meet and greet.
- The private meet and greet with Peter will take place at a location chosen solely by the Cancer Research UK Peter Andre Fund and will be within the M25 on a date in 2016 to be selected by the Cancer Research UK Peter Andre Fund. If an eligible Champion is unable to attend the location on the date no alternative date or alternative gift will be offered.
- Each Champion will receive 1 (one) of each gift they are eligible for. Where fundraising has been undertaken as a group activity only the registered individual of the group shall be treated as the Champion.
- Each Champion who is eligible to attend either the group meet and greet with Peter or a private meet and greet with Peter shall be allowed to bring 1 (one) other person with them to the meet and greet.
- Champions are responsible for arranging and financing their travel to any meet and greet.
- All gifts are provided by Peter Andre (with support from the Cancer Research UK Peter Andre Fund where relevant).
- So far as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK will have no liability for provision of gifts or for damage, loss or injury arising from delivery, acceptance or use of a gift.
- Gifts are non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered for any gift.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.