EE Wembley Cup
EE Wembley Cup Prize Draw
- By entering this prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (“Terms and Conditions”).
- The Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 16 or over, except employees of the Promoter and its subsidiary companies, and any other third party directly connected with the Prize Draw (including any advertising and promotional agencies engaged by the Promoter), together with their immediate family members and/or personal partners.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any entrant. If you are under the age of 16, you will also be required to provide written consent from your parent/guardian to claim your prize.
How to enter
- Entry to the Prize Draw opens at 12:00 on Friday 12th August and closes at 23:59 on Friday 26th August (“Entry Period”). Entries received outside the Entry Period will not be entered.
- Entries to the Prize Draw can be submitted in the following ways:
- submit an online entry via the entry form using the following link https://events.cancerresearchuk.org/events/signup/N16EEW/start;
- send a postcard with your name, postal address, email address and telephone number in a stamped addressed envelope to Bobby Moore Fund, Cancer Research UK, The Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD;
- text the word PENALTY to 80500 from a UK mobile. Text entries will cost £5 plus a standard rate text (based on the relevant service provider rates) of which between £1.62 and £3.62 goes to Cancer Research UK. If you use a UK mobile outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges. Please note that if the shortcode is typed incorrectly, the instructions in these Terms and Conditions are not followed correctly, or the text is sent outside of the Entry Period the entrant shall not be entered into the Prize Draw but may still be charged for the message at the relevant standard network rate. If the keyword is entered incorrectly, the sender will receive either (a) an error message, in which case they have not been entered into the Prize Draw but may still be charged a standard network message charge, or (b) a confirmation message that their entry has been successful, in which case they will be charged the relevant amount plus a standard network message charge as set out above.
- Entrants may submit up to 10 entries, but can only win one prize per person.
- Entries must be made directly by the person entering the Prize Draw. Third party, bulk and/or automated applications shall not be accepted.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete personal details provided by a winner, or for any damage or loss resulting from entry into the Prize Draw. The Promoter shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures. Late, damaged, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not complying with these Terms and Conditions, will not be valid. Proof of posting or transmission is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- There are 5 prizes, each consisting of the chance to take a penalty kick during half time at the EE Wembley Cup Final on Friday 2nd September (“Final”). The goalkeepers at the Final will be Benny Central and Peter Schmeichel. In addition, each winner will receive four tickets to watch the Final. Transport and expenses will not be provided.
- Each winner is responsible for organising and paying for all associated arrangements and costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions, including travel insurance, arranging transport to and from the Final, food and drink, accommodation and all other incidentals. The winner is also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize.
- Entrants will also be responsible for ensuring that they and any person travelling with them are available to take up the prize on the relevant date.
- If the winner of the Prize Draw is under 18, they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or another adult aged 18 or over with consent from the winner’s parent or legal guardian when taking up the prize (either as the winner’s guest or at the adult’s own expense).
- The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes for a similar prizes of equal or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize.
- The prizes are provided by EE Limited and subject to their terms and conditions which can be found at http://wembley.ee.co.uk/wembleycup/terms/.
- By participating, entrants agree that the prizes are awarded on an “as is” basis and that the Promoter makes no representations or gives no warranties of any nature in relation to the prizes.
- Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using and/or taking up (or failing to use and/or take up) the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its employees.
- The winners of the Prize Draw will be the first 5 valid entries selected at random from all entries received during the Entry Period in the presence of an independent observer. The draw will take place on Tuesday 30th August (“Draw Date”). Reserve winners will also be selected in case the original winners cannot be contacted or do not provide the necessary information. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified within 1 day of the Draw Date via telephone using the details provided by the winners.
- If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond to communications within 1 day of notification, the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize to a reserve winner selected as set out above.
- The winner will receive their prize by Friday 2nd September.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these Terms and Conditions and in these circumstances the Promoter also reserves the right to require the return of any prize awarded (if applicable) and select an alternative winner as set out above.
- The Promoter reserves the right to (i) cancel or suspend the Prize Draw; (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these Terms and Conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
- Any personal data received from entrants will only be used and/or shared with third parties where necessary for the proper purposes of the Prize Draw and in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions/privacy-statement.
- By entering the Prize Draw, each winner agrees: (i) that the Promoter may use his/her name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winners of the Prize Draw as set out below, and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes; and (ii) to participate in such promotional activity and material as the Promoter may require.
- The name and home county of the winners will be available for one month after the Draw Date to anyone who sends a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Bobby Moore Fund, Cancer Research UK, The Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD or sends an email to the following address BMF@cancer.org.uk.
- The SMS service for text entries to the Prize Draws is being provided for the Promoter by Open Market Limited, 15th Floor, 389 Chiswick High Road, London W4 4AL. If you wish to discuss this mobile payment call 0300 123 9024.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
- If you have any queries please contact BMF@cancer.org.uk.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.
EE Wembley Cup Text to Donate
- You may make a donation of £3 by sending a text with the keyword ‘WEMBLEY’ to 70800 during the donation period, Friday 2nd September 2016 to 2nd March 2017.
- Each SMS text message costs £3 plus one standard network rate message.
- There is no limit on the number of times you may make a donation via SMS text but there is a daily limit of £30 on text donations. Further text donations will not be accepted if you have already do-nated £30 by SMS text in one day.
- No refunds are available for the cost of any SMS text made or for any misdialed short codes or misspelt keyword.
- If you do not have sufficient credit in your mobile account or if you have sufficient credit for a standard network rate message but not for your donation or if you are otherwise unable to access the short code because of any settings on your mobile account your donation may be unsuccessful.
- You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. You must be 16 years old or over to send a text donation.
- Please note that you can donate from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges.
- Cancer Research UK does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, mal-function, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
- If you text after the closing date or if the keyword or short code you text are incorrect or you do not correctly follow the instructions in these Terms and Conditions, you will not make a donation to Cancer Research UK but you may still be charged a message at your standard network rate.
- Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103).
Your data will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will only be used to keep you informed about our fundraising, activities, events and services. We will not share your information with any third party organisations except where such transfer is a necessary part of our activities, or we are required to do so by operation of law.