Dryathlon terms and conditions
DRYATHLON® GENERAL TERMS AND PRIVACY STATEMENT
Date of last revision: 16th December 2016
Cancer Research UK 2016 – 2017
These General Terms (which incorporate the Service Conditions of Use set out below) apply to your participation in Dryathlon®, use of the Dryathlon® website, the Dryathlon® mobile website and the Dryathlon® Facebook Timeline Page (together 'Services'). Your registration for Dryathlon® and continued use of the Services indicates your agreement to these General Terms. We may change these General Terms from time to time, so please check back regularly.
- Dryathlon® is a fundraising initiative of Cancer Research UK open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over on 1 January 2017.
- Dryathlon® is a registered trademark of Cancer Research UK.
- Registrations Dryathlon® January 2017 via http://www.cruk.org/dryathlon. Registration opens at 9.00 GMT on 24 November 2016 and closes at 23.59 GMT on 31 January 2017 and is only valid for Dryathlon® January 2017. Cancer Research UK reserves the right to suspend or close registration at any time for any reason in its absolute discretion.
- Fundraising training packs ('Packs') advertised are available free of charge from Cancer Research UK, but there is no obligation on Cancer Research UK to issue Packs, nor does registration confer entitlement to a Pack.
- Only one Pack is available per participant. Requests for additional Packs cannot be fulfilled.
- All participants must register for Dryathlon® using their own valid email and UK postal addresses.
- All participants enter Dryathlon® entirely at their own risk and so far as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury or loss which might occur as a result of their participation.
- Cancer Research UK does not condone irresponsible alcohol use. Further information can be found on our website www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/healthyliving/alcohol.
- Only registered participants are eligible to take part in Dryathlon®.
- All monies raised in connection with Dryathlon® are held on trust for Cancer Research UK and participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all fundraising/sponsorship monies/donations received for Dryathlon® are paid to Cancer Research UK. We ask that participants do this as soon as practicable after Dryathlon® ends on 31 January 2017 and no later than 31 March 2017. You must:
- deposit all fundraising monies and donations collected into your JustGiving Page which is established as part of the registration process; or
- send a cheque made payable to 'Cancer Research UK' to the following address: Cancer Research UK, PO Box 1561, Oxford OX4 9GZ.
- Donors may elect to claim GiftAid when submitting monies to JustGiving and we encourage completion of the Gift Aid declaration wherever appropriate.
- For details of how we process personal data please read our privacy statement. Please note that no security measures are perfect and despite our efforts, a loss of information may occur.
The Dryathlon® website (including the mobile website) is not directed towards children under the age of 13, nor does Cancer Research UK knowingly collect personal data of children under 13 in connection with the Services. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 and you believe we may have collected that child's information, please contact us at Supporter Services at Cancer Research UK, PO Box 1561, Oxford OX4 9GZ, by phone on 0300 123 022 or email email@example.com.
- When using the 'Ask your friends to sponsor you' tool, we will capture any email addresses you enter in addition to your own, but will not use them for anything other than sending your email.
- If you have any queries or complaints please call 0300 123 6646 (call charges apply) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Calls may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.
- Use of the Dryathlon® website and associated Services is subject to our Services Conditions of Use below.
DRYATHLON® SERVICES CONDITIONS OF USE
- Content created by Cancer Research UK - Cancer Research UK owns or licences from third parties all of the trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property that exists in the Services. You must not copy or reproduce in any form any of the graphics, logos or other material from our Services unless you have our specific permission. For the avoidance of doubt, you have our permission to download material from the Fundraising Tools page on our website.
- Content posted by you – Any content that you post to our Services (e.g. photos and videos) is your responsibility, and you must make sure that you have the necessary rights to post that content (e.g. by obtaining permission of copyright owners if necessary). By posting any content, you also give Cancer Research UK a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content and you, on behalf of yourself and any copyright owner, waive your and their moral rights in that content in favour of Cancer Research UK.
- Keeping our website safe – We need your help to keep our Services safe. Therefore, you must comply with the following rules:
- a. You must not collect users’ content using automated means
- b. You must not upload viruses or other malicious code
- c. You must not bully, intimidate or harass anyone
- d. You must not post any content that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, or otherwise violates the law, or that is hateful, threatening, pornographic or violent
- Cancer Research UK's disclaimer – Cancer Research UK takes great care with its Services and we endeavour to keep them accurate, error-free, and free of any offensive material. However, you use the Services at your own risk and Cancer Research UK will not be liable for any costs or losses you incur through your use of our Services. Whilst we may include on our Services links to third party websites or resources, Cancer Research UK is not responsible for such third parties and you use those websites or resources at your own risk.
- Cancer Research UK's rights - Cancer Research UK may remove any content posted by you, or prevent access by you to our Services if you do not comply with these General Terms. Any failure by Cancer Research UK to enforce our rights under these General Terms if you do not comply is not a waiver and we remain entitled to enforce our rights in relation to that or any other non-compliance by you.
- The services, site, and program provided hereunder is provided "AS IS" and all warranties are disclaimed by Cancer Research UK.
- TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, YOU HEREBY RELEASE CANCER RESEARCH UK FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS.
Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and Isle of Man (1103), registered company limited by guarantee in England and Wales (4325234) and registered company in the Isle of Man (5713F). Registered address: Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.