Ben & Holly Little Explorers Prize Draw
1. By entering this prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (“Terms and Conditions”).
2. The Prize Draw is open to teachers or teachers’ assistants teaching children in classes up to and including Year 2 in nurseries, pre-schools or primary schools in Great Britain.
3. Entrants must also be aged 18 or over and resident in Great Britain. Employees of the Promoter and its subsidiary companies (if applicable), and any other third party directly connected with the Prize Draw (including any advertising and promotional agencies engaged by the Promoter), together with their immediate family members and/or personal partners, are not eligible to take part.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any entrant and their teaching role.
How to enter
5. Entry to the Prize Draw opens from 00.01 on Monday 15th February 2016 and closes at 23.59 on Monday 4th July 2016 (“Entry Period”). Entries received outside the Entry Period will not be entered.
6. To be entered into the Prize Draw, entrants should submit all funds raised by them and their pupils in aid of the Promoter’s Kids & Teens campaign in one of the following ways:
a) online using the following link: https://donation.cancerresearchuk.org/Ben-and-Holly;
b) sending a cheque, along with the completed money return form included in your fundraising pack, to Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens, PO Box 1579, Oxford, OX4 9HX; or
c) by telephone via the supporter contact team on 0300 123 3025; you must refer to Ben & Holly to ensure you are entered into the Prize Draw.
7. Entrants can also enter the Prize Draw by sending your name, email address, telephone number and name of the relevant school and class in a stamped addressed envelope to: Little Explorer’s Prize Draw, Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens, PO Box 1579, Oxford, OX4 9HX.
8. Only one entry per person, and one entry per class, is permitted.
9. Entries must be made directly by the person entering the Prize Draw. Third party, bulk and/or automated applications shall not be accepted.
10. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete personal details provided by a winner, or for any damage or loss resulting from entry into the Prize Draw. The Promoter shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures. Late, damaged, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not complying with these Terms and Conditions, will not be valid. Proof of posting or transmission is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
11. The winning entrant will win for their class a visit from the Ben and Holly characters from Entertainment One’s “Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom” for approximately two hours. The date and time of the visit will be agreed with the winner.
12. In the event that the winner’s school has any particular safeguarding or other requirements before the prize can be taken up, it is the winner’s responsibility to bring these to the Promoter’s attention as soon as possible.
13. A further 50 prizes, consisting of a Ben & Holly jigsaw puzzle and DVD, will be awarded to 50 runners-up.
14. The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize for a similar prize of equal or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize.
15. By participating entrants agree that the prizes are awarded on an “as is” basis; and that the Promoter and Prize Provider make no representations, or give no warranties of any nature in relation to the prizes.
16. Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter and Prize Provider will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners, or accept any liability for loss, damage, or personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up (or failing to take up) the prizes (except where death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or Prize Provider or their employees).
17. The main winner of the Prize Draw will be the first valid entry, selected at random by a computer process, from all entries received during the Entry Period. The runners-up will be the next 50 valid entries selected. The draw will take place on Thursday 14th July 2016 (“Draw Date”). Reserve winners will also be selected in case the original winners cannot be contacted and/or do not provide the necessary information. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The main winner and the runners-up will be notified within 5 days of the Draw Date via telephone or email using the details provided by the winners.
19. If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond to communications within 5 days of notification, the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize to a reserve winner selected as set out above.
20. The Promoter will arrange for Prize Provider to deliver the main prize to the winner.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these Terms and Conditions and in these circumstances the Promoter also reserves the right to select an alternative winner as set out above.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to (i) cancel or suspend the Prize Draw; (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these Terms and Conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
23. Any personal data received from entrants will only be used and/or shared with third parties where necessary for the proper purposes of the Prize Draw and in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions/privacy-statement.
24. By entering the Prize Draw, each winner agrees: (i) that the Promoter may use his/her name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winners of the Prize Draw as set out below, and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes; and (ii) to participate in such promotional activity and material as the Promoter may require.
25. The name and home county of the winners will be available for one month after the Draw Date to anyone who sends a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Campaigns Team, Cancer Research UK, The Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.
26. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
27. If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.
Prize Provider: Entertainment One UK Limited, 45 Warren Street, London W1T 6AG.