300-Mile Cycle Challenge Terms and Conditions
300-Mile Cycle Challenge event rules
These rules (the “Rules”) apply to the 300-Mile Cycle Challenge, and by registering for the 300-Mile Cycle Challenge you agree to comply with them. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these Rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact the 300-Mile Cycle Challenge hotline on 0300 123 1022* and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
300-Mile Cycle Challenge is organised by Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103)) (“CRUK”).
- 300-Mile Cycle Challenge is a fundraising event open to UK residents aged 18 or over on the day of registration.
- Only registered participants are eligible to take part in the 300-Mile Cycle Challenge.
Fundraising packs and other assistance from Cancer Research UK
- Following your registration we will send you information about the 300-Mile Cycle Challenge and suggested ways to improve your fundraising.
- We strongly recommend that you consult our fundraising web pages which contain tips on how to prepare for your cycle and improve fundraising. Click here.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
1. Any monies raised in connection with 300-Mile Cycle Challenge are held on trust for Cancer Research UK, and therefore all participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with 300-Mile Cycle Challenge are paid to Cancer Research UK, and we ask that you do this as soon as possible after your 300-Mile Cycle Challenge finishes. Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected automatically. Other ways to pay in sponsorship monies/donations are as follows:
- Call the relevant telephone number given at the top of these Rules and provide credit or debit card details to make a payment over the phone
- Send cheques made payable to "Cancer Research UK" to:
Cancer Research UK,
PO Box 1561,
stating 300-Mile Cycle Challenge on the reverse
2. Please ensure that all sponsorship forms are filled out in full and are returned to us to enable Gift Aid to be claimed where possible.
Use of Personal Data
1. By providing personal data when you register for the 300-Mile Cycle Challenge, you confirm that you consent to such data being used by us for the purposes of organising and administering the 300-Mile Cycle Challenge and you agree that CRUK can use the details that you provided to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress. If you provide personal data on behalf of additional entrants, you also confirm that you have obtained their consent for such data to be used for the same purposes.
2. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for 300-Mile Cycle Challenge.
3. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with CRUK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
1. By posting any content (e.g. photos and videos) on CRUK website or social media forums (“Services”), you give Cancer Research UK a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content and you, on behalf of yourself and any copyright owner, waive your and their moral rights in that content in favour of Cancer Research UK.
2. Cancer Research UK may remove any content posted by you or access by you to our Services if you do not comply with these Rules.
1. Use of the CRUK website is subject to our website terms and conditions.
2. All participants enter the 300-Mile Cycle Challenge entirely at their own risk and so far as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation.
* Please note that calls to our hotline may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.