Terms and conditions for fundraising activities
Thank you for your interest in raising funds for Cancer Research UK (“CRUK”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they apply to all voluntary fundraising activity and you are therefore required to comply with them:
1. You agree to organise fundraising activities as an independent supporter of CRUK. You should therefore refer to raising money “in aid of” CRUK, rather than on CRUK’s behalf.
2. You agree that you shall comply with any instructions or guidance provided by CRUK relating to your fundraising activity.
3. You will be responsible for any costs, taxes or expenses incurred or arising in connection with your fundraising activity.
4. You accept that any risks arising out of your fundraising activity are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with or attending your activity.
5. You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to your fundraising activity, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents or permissions e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol.
6. You acknowledge and accept that CRUK’s insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activities.
7. You will not do anything that threatens CRUK’s reputation or name. If you do, CRUK has the right to ask you to stop your fundraising activity immediately.
8. You agree to pay all of the proceeds raised by your fundraising event to CRUK as soon as possible after the event (and subject to any agreed timescale), and in accordance with CRUK’s instructions. You may not deduct any costs unless agreed in writing with CRUK.
9. You shall encourage donors and/or sponsors to make gift aid declarations where eligible, which may enable us to recover basic rate tax on such donations. Further information about the Gift Aid scheme can be found on our website at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/donate/gift-aid-explained
10. Unless CRUK has provided you with branded materials as a result of your registration, you may only use the CRUK name and logo for your fundraising activities with our written permission, and in accordance with the CRUK Brand guidelines. To apply for permission, you will need to let us know how you propose to use the CRUK name and/or logo on your own materials by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide us with examples and/or samples of such use if we request it.
11. If you provide photographs or videos taken during your fundraising activity to CRUK, you agree that these may be used by CRUK for commercial and/or fundraising purposes. By sending these to us, you are also confirming that anyone featuring prominently in the photograph or video is aged 16 or over, and that they have consented to their image being used in this way.
12. If you are under 18, you confirm that you have shown these terms and conditions to your parent/guardian, and they have agreed to accept responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions.
13. You agree that Cancer Research UK can use the details that you have provided to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress.