Young Art Project Volunteer - Reading
Apply right now!
What is Young Art?
What will I be doing?
- Visiting local schools to promote and encourage them to take part in the event
- Help to sort, mount and exhibit the artwork as well as helping to run the event
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- The option to educate the children on Prevention & Healthy Lifestyles and Cancer Awareness – all information will be provided for you
What skills do I need?
- A passion for the work of Cancer Research UK
- Great organisational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An interest in promoting creative ability in children.
- Practical skills as well as a willingness to much in with a range of tasks
- The ability to work as a team
- Basic PC skills
- The enthusiasm to want children to make a contribution and take part
- Committed, reliable, self-motivated and able to work under your own initiative
- Please be aware, you must be over 18 to apply to volunteer for this role
How much time do I need to commit?
What support will I be given?
- A dedicated local Cancer Research UK Fundraising Manager will be available to give you continuous support, advice and guidance
- You will be given and induction and training on all aspects of this role
- Support with marketing, promotional materials and networking
- Fundraising materials and H&S guidance will be provided
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of making a vital difference to the work of Cancer Research UK
- The enjoyment of helping to set up and run a successful event
- The satisfaction of involving young people in a creative and enjoyable activity
- The enjoyment of meeting new people
- The opportunity to develop skills in areas such as fundraising and event management
Where will I be based?
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.