Workplace Ambassador Volunteer - in your local area
Why we need you:
Do you long for the day when all cancers are cured? Did you know that Cancer Research UK is the only charity with the knowledge and expertise to tackle all 200 types of cancer?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Workplace Ambassador to champion Cancer Research UK in their workplace, promoting and sharing our successes across their organisation to generate interest and build wider support for Cancer Research UK.
What will you be doing?
- Keeping us up to date with any internal opportunities for staff within your organisation to support our work e.g. Charity of the Year. Supporting the local Cancer Research UK team in locating the most appropriate people to discuss this further.
- Spreading the word amongst your colleagues about Cancer Research UK’s life-saving work and encouraging others to support the charity.
- Promoting upcoming fundraising or volunteering opportunities to your colleagues via internal communications and other available channels within your organisation.
The type of person we are looking for
We’re looking for volunteers who can use their professional networks to help us increase support for our life-saving work. If you’re well networked in the workplace with good communication skills and are passionate about the work of Cancer Research UK, then we would love your support.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager.
- You will be provided with any necessary resources or materials needed to aid you to promote Cancer Research UK in the workplace.
What benefits can you expect from this role?
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will you be based?
- In your workplace
How much time do you need to commit?
This is a flexible volunteer opportunity and can be decided by you. Even as little as 10 minutes can make an impact.
Simply register your interest and your Local Fundraising Manager will contact you to tell you more about the role and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations and answer any questions you may have.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.