Wetherby Cycle Ride Marshal Volunteer - 4th June 2017
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
This year is the 20th year of the Wetherby Cycle Ride with more than 200 participants of all levels taking part each year. We’re on the lookout for some passionate, motivational and inspiring new recruits to help out on the day. Without volunteers, this event simply couldn’t happen.
What will you be doing?
Cheer our cyclists on as they take on the course and lift some spirits along the way. You’ll be the extra oomph they need to cross that finish line!
What are the benefits?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities.
- Meet new and like-minded people in your local area and create a positive impact in your community.
- It’s an amazing experience; volunteering at a local event
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
- A volunteer t-shirt and light refreshments.
How much time do you need to commit?
A few hours on the day of the event – Sunday 4th June 2017
Please let the event manager know how long you’re able to be on site and we can make sure your role is flexible to your availability.
Where is the role based?
Wetherby or around the local area
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
How do I sign up?
Complete our application form online
Alternatively, call Sarah Mattison on 07795 307035 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.