Wetherby Cycle Ride Local Promotions Volunteer
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
This year is the 20th year of the Wetherby Cycle Ride with more than 200 participants of all levels taking part each year. We’re on the lookout for some passionate, motivational and inspiring new recruits to join our volunteers who organise this event. Without volunteers, this event simply couldn’t happen.
What will you be doing?
We want you to spread the word and create a buzz about the event encouraging more people to get involved.
- Distribute flyers and posters in your local area – e.g. libraries, shops, workplaces and with friends or family.
- Approach companies to take part or donate items for goody bags.
- Write and send email communications to participants to encourage fundraising and share event information.
What are the benefits?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities.
- Meet new and like-minded people in your local area and create a positive impact in your community.
- It’s an amazing experience; volunteering at an event in a unique location.
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
- A volunteer t-shirt and light refreshments.
How much time do you need to commit?
Ideally you’d be able to spare a couple of hours per week in the run up to the event – particularly throughout April - June
It would be great to have you there on the day of the event too – Sunday 4th June. Please let the event manager know how long you’re able to be on site and we can make sure your role is flexible to your availability.
Where is the role based?
Wetherby or around the local area
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
Please note: there will not be a Cancer Research UK office base for this role so you will need access to a computer and be happy to work remotely with guidance from staff and other volunteers via phone and email.
How do I sign up?
Complete our application form online.
Alternatively, call Sarah Mattison on 07795 307035 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.