Volunteer Treasurer - Christchurch
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Join this community-focused committee and volunteer with like-minded volunteers, all who are passionate about beating cancer sooner. You will play a vital role in managing the accounts of the Christchurch committee by ensuring all financial processes and procedures are followed
What will you be doing?
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date financial records of income and expenditure. You will be expected to feed this information back to the committee
- Act as one of the main signatories on the committee bank account and take lead responsibility for counting and depositing money
- Reporting to Cancer Research UK at required times throughout the year, working accurately and thoroughly using Cancer Research UK’s accountancy documents
The type of person we are looking for:
We're looking for a savvy numbers guru with the ability to interpret and draw conclusions from a range of numerical data. You will be able to plan and prioritise multiple tasks and keep accurate records. You will also be able to communicate information clearly and build and maintain relationships with others effectively.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK:
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home based role in Christchurch, however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager.
Please fill in out online application form. If you have any questions, please contact your Local Fundraising Manager Charlie Hawker via email Charlie.Hawker@cancer.org.uk or phone 07824 598113.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.