Volunteer Stock Processing Assistant - in your local shop
All you need to do is complete our short application form online and your local Shop Manager will get in touch.
Why we need you:
Join the gang and help to make our shops a huge success on the high street. We need you to select and prepare the best clothes, shoes and accessories for sale on the shop floor.
What skills do you need?
We're looking for volunteers with an interest in fashion and clothing with an appreciation of quality and knowledge of brands. You will need to work quickly and accurately and as part of a team.
What will you be doing?
- Sorting donations of clothes, shoes and accessories into saleable stock and items for recycling.
- Preparing stock for sale by hanging, sizing, steaming and labelling each item.
- Pricing garments at their full value to generate maximum income by considering the brand, quality, fashionability and condition of each item.
What support will we give you?
- We will provide all the training you need to feel confident in the role.
- The shop manager will be available to advise and assist you as you volunteer in the shop.
- There may also be other experienced volunteers in the team who will be available when you need help or want to ask a question.
What benefits do you get?
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the pioneering life-saving work of Cancer Research UK.
- Learning new skills and gaining retail experience.
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a team.
- The opportunity to study for an NVQ certificate (currently only available in England).
Still interested? Watch our new video to see the impact you can have as a CRUK Shop Volunteer!
Where will you be based?
You will be based in your local shop.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.