Volunteer Recruitment Innovator – Dorking / Leatherhead – 10th July - 7th August
Apply right now!
We’re looking for 2 individuals with an appetite for experimentation to help the Cancer Research UK Innovation Team test new ideas to recruit more volunteers to our charity shops. Work as part of a small team to make and measure improvements to attract the best people to volunteer in our Dorking and Leatherhead shops, and so raise more money to fund life saving research.
Why we need you:
Our shops rely on volunteers to raise vital funds for life-saving research, and we need your help to figure out how to sustainably attract and recruit more volunteers. We need your fresh perspective and can-do attitude to help us find what works fast, specifically in these locations as a small test area.
What will I be doing?
You will be part of a small innovative and agile team, led by a staff facilitator. You will be supporting the group to:
- Map out the challenge of recruiting more charity shop volunteers and choose a focus
- Look for inspiration locally and worldwide
- Come up with ideas to solve the challenge
- Recruit prospective shop volunteers to test solutions with (advertise on gumtree, create a screener, call people they know)
- Adapt existing Retail and Brand /Marketing assets or creating new ones, to design and make a prototype solution.This will likely include producing materials using MS Office, writing a script, or modifying a space with bought items.
- Test the prototype with prospective volunteers using interviews and other tests
What skills do I need?
This role is open to people with different backgrounds, skillsets and levels of experience. You will thrive in team environments and will be keen on improving the volunteer experience. This role will require you to use an experimental mindset, get stuck in and make things happen. Ideally, you’ll also have knowledge of the local area and local residents in and around Dorking and Leatherhead.
Ideally you would be able to volunteer 9am-5pm on the following dates:
- 10th-14th July
- 17th-21st July
- One day w/c 7th August
What support will we give you?
An introduction to Cancer Research UK, the project and the small team. You’ll be supported by the rest of the team and the facilitator throughout the project.
What benefits can I expect?
This is a really unique and exciting opportunity to work as part of a tight-knit team to find new ways to recruit volunteers for our shops. You’ll also get:
- The opportunity to develop your recruitment, innovation and improvement skills
- A chance to work as a team
- The possibility of having a measurable impact on volunteer applications and experience, helping to beat cancer sooner
- Travel expenses
- A unique insight into the world of innovation, Sprint working, and the charity sector
Where will I be based?
You will be based in Dorking or Leatherhead, working in and near to our high street charity shops (RH4 1RU and KT22 7AW, respectively). Travel expenses will be provided from the local area, or from London.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.