Volunteer Photographer – Oxfordshire, OX9 – 18-20 July 2017
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
This three day instensive workshop is different from traditional academic research conferences. A group of researchers from a range of backgrounds will work together through a series of brainstorming sessions to come up with new and exciting research projects. As this is the first time the two charities are hosting the event in partnership, we’re keen to try and capture some pictures of the occasion.
What will I be doing?
You will be required to photograph both general and specific shots of the event which will be used for post event communications and future promotional materials. Some of these shots may include guests’ interaction, workshop sessions, speakers and reaction shots and posed group shots.
What skills do I need?
Ideally, this role would suit either a professional or talented amateur photographer, or a photography student looking to develop their portfolio of work. Please note, you will need to bring your own camera and equipment to the event.
Skills needed include:
- Enjoy meeting new people and be able to build and develop rapport with people
- Able to use a logical approach when making decisions and can work autonomously with minimal direction
- Has a detailed understanding of photography and good level of experience in doing this type of work
Ideally you would be available to take pictures for the duration of the three day workshop (18-20 July 2017), however, this could be flexible. Following the event, we will need a selection of images to be sent as a priority (within 1-2 days) and the rest of the images in high res.
What support will we give you?
- We will provide a full photography brief before the event and any other support you require in the lead up to the workshop to ensure you feel confident in your role during the event.
- During the workshop, various staff will be available to help and support.
- You will have access to photographs taken at previous events so you can gain a better understanding about the nature of the event and what it involves.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK and Arthritis Research UK
- Travel, food and other expenses, as agreed
- If necessary, accommodation can also be provided
- A unique insight into how research projects are created and the charity sector
Where will I be based?
The Oxford Belfry, Oxfordshire, OX9 2JW
How to apply
Please fill in our short online application form and send a copy of your CV and examples of your work, such as links to a website or online portfolio to email@example.com.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.